Sponsored by:

Racetronix Do or Don't?

Old 03-22-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix Do or Don't?

Old post deleted

3/27/05 It's a do for anyone seeking injectors at the best prices
To let everyone know, the injectors do not leak regardless of where the O-Ring is in relation to the fuel rail or intake. Jack from Racetronix will be able to help you with any product line issues.
Thanks Vetteman

Last edited by zo6vetteman2003; 03-27-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the 38# injectors and they dont seem short at all. they poped right in and fit tight. i have an idle problem which i am in the process of fixing now, so far its getting better. big injectors require a lot more tuning changed to idle right
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

just to add, my throttle response instantly increased with the racetronix injectors from what i can tell, but i had weak 26#ers that were stock. what kinda problems did you have exactly? idle hunting around??? thats what i had, still kinda do.

how did you see they were too short? i didnt really even see that at all

this is honest by the way, im not siding with them for any reason except that so far my problem is getting better. with that said, i ahve a problem with the fuel pump i got from them, car wont start unless i let the pump prime for a little before i fire up

Last edited by WS6FirebirdTA00; 03-23-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

I'm not exactly familiar with your fuel rail, but on the LS6, the injectors do not fit properly, I was surprised. I saw a post the other night that showed a pic. of a SVO injector and the Racetronix side by side. Someone else had the exact same problem as I did. I will post the pic. here if I can find it again very interesting. I belong to alot of Corvette websites, so It was at one of them, an excellent comparison. When I did my install, the problem was where the fuel rail bolts onto the intake, it would not allow the Racetronix injectors to be fully seated in the fuel rail, because the rail would sit too high over the injectors that were fully seated in the intake. I managed to plug them into the rail 1/2 way and used the retainers to hold them in. They were litterally not fully seated in the intake either. Made me pretty nervous and I swore they would leak if not for the O-rings. The LS6 does not have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator nor can be fit with one. The need for tuning was a big deal to lean them out some, I also took all the power enrichment away at WOT which did helped a great deal. A MAF Translator would have been a way to get them under control. So I just got fed up. I put the SVO 30# back in and it made all the difference in the world to me.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok well mine snapped right into the rail and the intake. i used hp tuners to adjust for the larger injectors, they are # at 58 psi so its gonan be a lot harder to adjust for if you dont go in the IFR tables. plus, the close loop proportional base vs airflow, and some other tables, have to be adjusted for proper idling with larger injectors.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthrea...6&page=2&pp=20

This link I found interesting, you might too.

Last edited by zo6vetteman2003; 03-23-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

im gonna post up on there my results, my tune it a lot better now
Old 03-25-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

ok so nothing good cam out, i got the idle to vary the best of 150 rpm, which sucks, and on take off, omg it feels like its misfiring bad but isnt, the motor just about dies.

you are right, racetronix injectors a good bit shorter and dont fit in the fuel rail like the stockers did, prob just wasted 300 bucks which sucks, but they are gonna hear from me, they already sent me one of the bad fuel pumps that people are having trouble iwht, here is the side by side pic.

thanks for bringing that up, i really appreciate it, that was prob the reason for all my grief. now what injectors can i get to support 480 rwhp??

notice the stock injectors seat in the rail a lot better, the length from where the clip goes on to where it goes in the intake looks good but the racetronixs one doesnt go in the fuel rail nearly as far, about 1/2 as far, wonder if this could cause a tuning problem??
Attached Thumbnails Racetronix Do or Don't?-untitled.jpg  
Old 03-25-2005, 02:55 PM
10 Second Club

Are these Delphi brand injectors? I have some 42#'s I bought from New Era Performance that look like that. They appear to seal correctly.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Regular

I'm not quite as much horsepower, I'm only putting down +400 RWHP with my cam package and mods., right around 500 flywheel horsepower. The SVO 30# injectors I have are about perfect, 36# @ 58psi., perfect idle no drivability issues, the car is just plain explosive. I did the calcs. for +500hp, and the bench tested 43.5 psi 38# Racetronix injectors at 58psi were equal to 43.5# injectors. You would think no problem, but I had issues with it running too rich not to mention the fit again lol! I really don't have the software capability to correct it enough. For me, I needed either a MAF Translator, or an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to really lean them under control. I took all the power enrichment away and some. I got it to run pretty good and idle @ 800rpm, but under WOT it would stumble some with the timing advanced with the Racetronix injectors. A clear indication of too much fuel, nevermind a rich bank 1 code. When I reinstalled the SVO 30# injectors, all the problems went away, including fit. If I were you, I would look at SVO 32# injectors. I think the 30# would be too maxed out with 480 RWHP. The SVO 32# injectors bench tested at 43.5 psi are like running 38# injectors, but according to the way the SVO 30#s are 32# SVO's should be able to support +550 flywheel hp range. I'm surprised that my SVO 30# injectors can provide the fuel for mine, but alot of guys are running them with similar mods. The calculations say 440 flywheel hp with the 30#, but they can do 500. ? It doesn't add up, but I'm running slightly rich with no problems. I checked the calcs. for 480rwhp and it says 42# at 58psi, and that is basically what you bought. So I think the 32# would serve you a hell of alot better by the way the SVO's perform. You should post that pic. on ZO6Vette.com in that thread. That is an excellent view of the difference in length. Thanks for posting that. Alot of guys with similar mods. to mine are installing the Pontiac GTP Grand Prix 36# injectors. That would work for me. You need something alittle bigger. Tell me what you are going to do? I would reinstall the stock until you get something else so you are not stranded, and max them out. Just watch your short and long term fuel trims and hope they stay slightly negative. Peace and good luck.

Last edited by zo6vetteman2003; 03-27-2005 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Racetronix is concentrating on excellent customer service
Old 03-25-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

yeah im puttin the stockers in now, if i can get rid of these i might go for the ones slp has from gm that are 36#, might even be worth going with a flow matched set to be on the safe side. but im gonna email racetronix, these are going back.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Regular

I took a pic. of a stock Z06 next to the 38# Racetronix on a flat surface standing next to each other. The file is too big to post. PM me your email and I'll send it to you.
Vetteman
Old 03-25-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you go into paint you can make it smaller and save it as a jpeg file and it will fit, thats what i did

if not, budchevy355@yahoo.com
Old 03-25-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

OK did what you said and here it is worked pretty slick, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Racetronix Do or Don't?-hpim0356.jpg  

Last edited by zo6vetteman2003; 03-25-2005 at 05:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:46 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats funny, my i had to go back to my stock injectors because my svo 30#'s wouldnt fit properly into the fuel rail and intake.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

i wonder if after the heads and cam the motor will demand enough fuel for these injecotrs to beable to work good???
Old 03-25-2005, 07:57 PM
10 Second Club

I double checked my injectors for proper sealing by priming the pump to send fuel to the rails. I then took off the fuel rail assembly and found zero leaks. These injectors fit much tighter in to the fuel rail and take considerable more pressure to press them in place compared to stock injectors. I can't see them leaking or causing a vacuum leak. Another thing to consider is the actual orifice where fuel comes in through the rail to the injector is not centered, it's offset. So if the top part of the injector is pressed completely flush against the rail it will impede fuel flow because the orifice will be partially blocked.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
i wonder if after the heads and cam the motor will demand enough fuel for these injecotrs to beable to work good???
What size combustion chamber are the AFR heads?

Maybe. Like I said, they didn't seem to fit properly, but as far as I know they didn't leak. I have stock LS6 heads ofcourse, I added the XR281HR cam, comp springs, alittle better than my stock LS6 springs (271#/in. vs 317#/in.) and 7.4" .080" chomemoly rods. The car already had headers, stingers, ported throttlebody, and a good aftermarket intake system. I didn't have the means to lean out enough the Racetronix 38# injectors, because of PCM flash limitations. (Diablosport Predator -5% WOT power enrichment) was all I could really do. I also needed a MAF translator to help work with what I had to get to good drivability, or tune with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator could have been sweet, but mine is a fixed regulator brazed to the fuel rail. I heard they make a fuel filter with adjustable fuel pressure regulator......a one million dollar idea, wish I thought of it. You have deeper calibration ability than I. The Racetronix injectors made me run too rich (bank 1 rich code) undrivable for me, because of editing software limitations, and I couldn't take the chance right now throwing anymore cash at it. I still have the Racetronix injectors and the MAF Translator is probably my most economical option if I want to try it again at a later date. I had a translator with my 99 Corvette FRC. A nice unit that changes the injector pulsewidth and tricks the PCM into leaning out larger injectors.

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
So if the top part of the injector is pressed completely flush against the rail it will impede fuel flow because the orifice will be partially blocked.
Retainers installed so injectors not up against the opening.

Last edited by zo6vetteman2003; 03-25-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

its not even that far up in there for the racetronix, its prob got 1/8 inch clearance more than stockers
Old 03-26-2005, 08:03 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jrp
thats funny, my i had to go back to my stock injectors because my svo 30#'s wouldnt fit properly into the fuel rail and intake.
Sorry to hear that. I can't even tell you where I bought my SVO 30's, but they are slightly taller than stock. Someone posted a pic. of the SVO's and the stock injectors. Here it is for your view. These SVO's are identical to mine.
Attached Thumbnails Racetronix Do or Don't?-6354img_0086a-med.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Racetronix Do or Don't?