PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Edit users have this problem???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Edit users have this problem???

I tuned my car with Edit, share cable with two other guys, both have 2002, mine 2000. A couple months ago, my buddy does a headswap on my car. Tries to pull the tune out to tweak it a little. It will download fine, *BUT* the problem is you cant open the tune to modify it! It says something about not being a licensed user. It will load the program back into the PCM just fine too. But it does me no good if I can open the damn thing and tweak it. I never thought swapping just heads would need so much adjustment on the tune, but this thing is running crappy cold and seems to load up part throttle driving, WOT it puffs some nice rich laden carbon soot and then pulls nice and smooth. Cold it sucks. Help please!
Charlie
Old 03-22-2005, 10:37 PM
12 Second Club

The only time I've seen something similar was with a pcm that was locked by a tuner. Maybe the file got corrupted? Or maybe the software got corrupted? I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the edit software and download your file from the car again and see if that works.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Restricted User

Will pass that on to my buddy. Its weird as it only does this with my car, not theirs! Thanks and will see if that works, and post back.

Charlie
Old 03-23-2005, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the file is not locked, the software you have on the computer you cant open just doesnt have the same licence file im the ls1edit folder. you just need the updated file and you can read the program just fine.