PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first histogram after "magic stick"!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My first histogram after "magic stick"!!

Well, I logged about 30 minutes of driving and my hisotgram had all LTFT values between -2 and 7. I dont think these values are too bad considering I havent touched the VE table yet. I was thinking that after the cam install that my histogram would show numbers way out of wack, but there not too bad. So I did some VE changing in my primary and secondary VE table. Time to go back out and drive again. Couple questions though:

I fixed y-pipe banging although I still get P300 random misfire code. I originally only raised misfire values to 2000(values originally under 2000). I read somewhere that as long as I raise only the LOW misfire table to all 32xxx I would be fine. Is this true? Something like the high misfire table will still recognize real misfires????

Also I get random spark retard at specific cells in the histogram. Whats the easiest way to eliminate retard if it is only in specific cells?? (i get average values around 7-9 in random single cells with nothing around it)

Thanks for the help!!

Oh yeah, now my converter doesnt lock up!!!??
Old 03-31-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have to get rid of the misfire code for the convertor to lock normally...someone correct me if I'm wrong here cuz I'm just an M6 guy. As far as preventing the misfire codes set all values in idle and low rpm to 32,000 and that will take care of it.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok, which tables. When I look at Hptuners, there are two sets of tables.

One is

Misfire Max Time Between Events (includes low, med, and high tables)

Then below that there is

Misfire Max Time Between Events by Cylinder vs. VE% (includes idle(stop), idle(move), medium, and high rpm tables)

Which ones do I change to all 32767?
Old 04-01-2005, 12:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Change the low misfire max time between events and both idle tables below it. Make sure to change all values in these tables to 32000....not 32767. Hope that helps!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Restricted User

Correct, TC will not lock up with the misfire code, or with the MAP Code (at least from my experiences!). Good luck.

Charlie