Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail Order Tune Vs Dyno..

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail Order Tune Vs Dyno..

I ordered a mail order tune from westers performance about a year ago..now one of my buddies hooked me up with a guy thats suppose to be the best around to get a dyno tune for 200$ with 8 pulls..you think its worth it to pay the 200 and get a real tune?
Old 03-31-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think that mail order tune is B/S.

And I know a few buddies that tryed that and it ended very bad. there are also many other things that the Dyno tune guy can tell you that the mail order guy can't. Fuel press. levels. injectors maxing. not the right boost level. the list can go on and on......

And with the mail order you still don't know what your car made or if it is right or the best it can be.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's not a bad deal, but it might be better to just wait till you get some more mods like ls6 intake, LTs, or cam.
Old 04-01-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea..I was planning on getting a small stealth cam maybe down the rode but this guy is only gonna be in town for a short time...kinda a one time deal kinda thing. I might order a ported tb before i get it done to maybe try to get that lil but more of a use for a tune.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by uLoSeAgAin
Yea..I was planning on getting a small stealth cam maybe down the rode but this guy is only gonna be in town for a short time...kinda a one time deal kinda thing. I might order a ported tb before i get it done to maybe try to get that lil but more of a use for a tune.
Westers is pretty good tuning although dyno tuning can be more precise. Did you know that Westers has a Laptop option now? Since the Westers is guaranteed for life I'd check with Lyndon and see if there is a local rep that can dyno check your tune and have it "fine tuned".

If that is not an option the real question is does this new guy know what he's doing?
Old 06-10-2005, 09:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by luv2spd
That's not a bad deal, but it might be better to just wait till you get some more mods like ls6 intake, LTs, or cam.
Ditto. Aint worth it a bit if your only planning on doing more stuff unless you know somebody and can keep going back and forth.