Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ve-ltft ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ve-ltft ?

I'm sure I'm missing something here, why in the tuning 101 post does it list 2 different ways to modify the VE table. One simply taking the difference of 0-whatever the histogram log shows and +/- that amount from the proper cell in the VE table and the Second adding the ST and LT trims together for learned percentage and then splitting it in half?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

You want to use the LTFT-STFT=correction to VE table method. Once you get your trims nailed down and close to -4 to 0 then you can begin to use the STFT correction method only.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gtodoug
You want to use the LTFT-STFT=correction to VE table method. Once you get your trims nailed down and close to -4 to 0 then you can begin to use the STFT correction method only.
Well, I know what your saying about the stft correction and I get that, but thats not what I was talking about. At the very beginning of the 101 is goes through LTFT-VE steps and then about 3/4 of the way through the post it covers the LTFTandSTFT method along with the STFT only. What I found confusing was 2 difference LTFT methods and wasn't sure which one to use. The LTFT-STFT seems more realistic to me than just taking the ltft value and either adding it or subtracting it from the app. VE cell. Again, unless I'm missing something.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just turn off LTFT's and do the short term method, never seen the logic to keep the long terms on, and try to change things learned elsewhere in the tune.

Ryan
Old 04-07-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

What if the correction value is greater than your original ltft.
Example:
60@800 Ltft -11 Stft + -31=42 split= -21
Am I missing something here, that would seem to be a little excessive.