Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detination and misfire after cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detonation and misfire after cam swap

So im getting alot of detonation and my SES light is always on after i installed the TR224 Cam..

My detonation is mostly when im cruzing. Why is that? Usually it detonates around 1.5k - 2.2k rpms. if im cruzing in a gear and i try to apply some throttle i could hear it detonating and i have logged it via HP Tuner. Depending upon how much throttle i give it is how much detonation im having. Can be anywhere from 1* up to 9*.
I tryed to pull about 8* from the sever parts and about 4* from the lower parts. But im still getting knock.I'm also getting some KR when i take off fast in 1st gear i get almost 1* of KR. How else can i fix this? Am i doing this right by subtracting from the Main spark vs airflow vs RPM Open throttle, high octane table.? also applying it to the low octane table.? or is there somewhere else i need to be looking? Do i take away like -5* from the whole table? or do i look at taking away -5* from the VE table?

What about the misfire and ses code all the time? I have the plugs in there NGK TR6's for when i shoot nitrous. gapped at stock gaping. Changed them about 4k miles ago. Anything i could do to keep the ses light away.

Also on my 02 B1 S1 why is the line going up and down up and down when im cruzing. Is this normal?

My timing or advancment is about 29.0 - 30.0 @ WOT

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Detination and misfire after cam swap-lines.jpg   Detination and misfire after cam swap-retard.jpg  

Last edited by Camaroguy; 04-07-2005 at 08:10 PM.