PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help please!!!! How do you lower TPS voltage???? I can't get it under .8v

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help please!!!! How do you lower TPS voltage???? I can't get it under .8v

I put a rivet in my TB hole that I drilled and did the no drill mod using my HP tuner to scan. My question is that I read that you want to keep your throttle position voltage between .4-.6, throttle position should be between 2 and 3% at idle, and IAC counts between 40-60- lower is better.

I don't understand how you can open up the TB 2-3% without having a high IAC count, high voltage, and high idle.

The best I could do was open up the TB 1% and now I have a 55 IAC count, and .8voltage. I am in cell 19 at idle. Anything higher than 1% increased my IAC count, voltage, and idle. 3% gave me a 1400idle. Idle is set at 800.

This is what I did-

I turned off the car
Made idle screw adjustment with TPS(lower sensor on TB) unplugged
Turned ign. on and waited 30secs.
Turned off ign. and restored TPS connection
start car and rescan
repeat steps if needed

Do tuners ever drill in addition to the tuning using the above steps? Would this help me bring down my TPS VOLTAGE AND INCREASE MY TP opening angle?
Old 04-11-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Addict

Per the Holden PDF, the TPS voltage at 0% throttle should be under 1.25v. Not the other arbitrary numbers being thrown around. I am sure mine is well above .8.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really!! Because I am having a heck of a time trying to get my IAC values below 150 and keeping my TPS voltage under 0.6V. So I can go all the way up to 1.25 volts and still be fine huh?

Thats great news. I couldnt think of any other way to get my iac values down without drilling the TB.

I running outside right now to raise my set screw more!!

Why do people say 0.6 volts then?
Old 04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Regular

That is good news. However, what about the car going into the wrong cell when you go above .8v? Question#2- when I open up my TB 3%, I get a high idle(1400). When this happens, should I force my idle back down w HP tuners? How can you keep the TP open #% at idle and keep your idle below say, "900"

Quick Reply: Need help please!!!! How do you lower TPS voltage???? I can't get it under .8v