Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Data Link problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No Data Link problem

Recently, my car has been down for a month for a clutch swap, valve spring & pushrod change.

Now that I have my car up and running again, I went to plug my scanmaster in and I received, no reading. I thought maybe something happened to the SM so I plugged in my HPP III and got the same result.

I was under the dash during the install of the McLeod Master cylinder and I had to work around the wire harness' but none of them were near the ALDL connector. Not to mention, those 5 wires go straight up and towards the center of the car from what I can see, and not towards the harness' by the clutch pedal.

I dont have any service manuals to troubleshoot the wires by, but my guess is there is a power wire, ground wire, data wire to PCM, and a couple others. But until I know where they terminate at the other end, I'm screwed.

Has anyone ever had this happen before and can give me any ideas of where to look?

Thanks,
Jeff

oh yes, its a 99LS1 Formula
Old 04-13-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does your cigarette lighter work? check the fuse inside the car ... the same fuse that powers the cig lighter powers the DLC
Old 04-13-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist
does your cigarette lighter work? check the fuse inside the car ... the same fuse that powers the cig lighter powers the DLC
Really???? I'll check that today. I hope its this easy!!! If so, I must have popped the fuse while I was removing the console somehow. Thanks horist, I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Jeff

I checked out your pics on your web page. NICE ride!!! I've got a webpage for my Z28 (in sig) but I need to put together one for my new formula project car.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by horist

That was it! Thanks, I really appreciate the insight. I would have ended up wasting a day shooting wires.

Jeff