PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Tuners

Old 04-14-2005, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Tuners

I own a 98 T/A WS6 and I am looking for some recommendations for a tuner for it. I have the Powerprogrammer III on it, but I keep hearing about the computer downloaded versions that actually download the engines vitals and make adjustments per your own engine. Any recommendations for who I should be checking out for these?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98TAWS6
I own a 98 T/A WS6 and I am looking for some recommendations for a tuner for it. I have the Powerprogrammer III on it, but I keep hearing about the computer downloaded versions that actually download the engines vitals and make adjustments per your own engine. Any recommendations for who I should be checking out for these?
Try a search for HP Tuners or visit their web site. Cheers !!!

Jim C.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Teching In

Default Any Feedback?

Any Feedback on how the Hypertech worked for you over stock?
Old 04-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by IMWoody
Any Feedback on how the Hypertech worked for you over stock?
It felt like their was more of a mid-range/upper rpm pull with the tuner in place, compared to stock. It was one of my first upgrades when I bought the car back in 2000.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98TAWS6
It felt like their was more of a mid-range/upper rpm pull with the tuner in place, compared to stock. It was one of my first upgrades when I bought the car back in 2000.
OK, So do you feel it was a worthwhile investment or if you had to do it over again, what would you have chosen instead?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hypertech is a joke... the power tune works on some cars, others it makes slower (some cars it leans them out too much and they start pinging)

The ONLY thing an HPP3 is good for is changing gears/tire sizes, shift points and firmness for an Auto, and rev limiter... and even then ONLY if you can get it used, and then ONLy if it's someone you trust... as they need to remove all HPP3 tuning from their cars (they have to remove everything... restore their PCM to stock) before it can be used on another car

HPP3 was one of the first things I bought for my car back in 2000 (not many programmer choices back then) ... i lost a tenth and car was pinging

I went to LS1 Edit in 2001 when it was first made available... then switched to HP Tuners in 2004 when it cam eout...

for the money the Hypertech's cost... you'd be better off sticking the cash in your spark plug whole and let it burn up...
Old 05-01-2005, 07:47 PM
JGA
TECH Enthusiast

Default Vinci coming for 98

Hi
If you want to stay with a hand held, then the Vinci should be available shortly for the 98. It has alot more tuning features then the Hypertech. I plan to get one shortly.

JA.
Old 05-01-2005, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a hypertech and never even installed the power tuning, I just used the fan temps for a summer, before I started to sell fan switches. Then I put it back to stock and sold it.

Ryan
Old 05-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Launching!

What is the Vinci? I have a 98 and the list of handheld tuners is slim to none.I would really like to know of a good handheld tuner for the 98.

Search this Thread