PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Electro-magnetic interference with MSD wires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have Electro-magnetic interference with MSD wires?

I put MSD wires on my 02 WS6. Cranked it up and drove it around for about 15 mins. I noticed a difference in throttle response immediately. I turned up the radio and noticed a ticking noise. As a accelerated, the noise got faster and louder. So i got home, put the stock wires back on. Problem fixed. Reinstalled the MSD wires and it started back.

Anyone else have this problem? I called MSD and he told me that i would have to send the wires back to them for warranty inspection. AND THE COMPANY I WORK FOR IS ONE OF THE LARGEST MSD DISTRIBUTORS IN THE SOUTHEAST! You think they would try to help me out. But i was just curious to see if im the only one. Later...

-Adam
Old 04-15-2005, 04:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedSin
I put MSD wires on my 02 WS6. Cranked it up and drove it around for about 15 mins. I noticed a difference in throttle response immediately. I turned up the radio and noticed a ticking noise. As a accelerated, the noise got faster and louder. So i got home, put the stock wires back on. Problem fixed. Reinstalled the MSD wires and it started back.

Anyone else have this problem? I called MSD and he told me that i would have to send the wires back to them for warranty inspection. AND THE COMPANY I WORK FOR IS ONE OF THE LARGEST MSD DISTRIBUTORS IN THE SOUTHEAST! You think they would try to help me out. But i was just curious to see if im the only one. Later...

-Adam
i dont have a prob with mine, and theyre about 2 years old with about 20k on em. i have a freakin hardcore system too. all seperate amp, 4800 peak watts of fosgate power, pioneer premier 8600, thunder 9500, infinity 6.5" and 4" in the back and a set of $500 alpine components in the front. all nice power wire, crimpless connectors and a nice 200 amp fosgate ciruit breaker and 200 amp alternator. if you have a stock stereo with alternator buzz thats messed up...usually the people with highs on a seperate amp like me are more likely to pick up noise. msds are way better than stock though. you could always try a power filter from radioshack. if you messed with the system it could be a ground loop also.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sterio is bone stock. I dont like beat...