PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

low speed cruise problem (throttle hang up on decel)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low speed cruise problem (throttle hang up on decel)

Alright I know this problem is addressed using the throttle cracker/ throttle follower tables, but what exactly needs to be done in the tables? I've done tons of seaches and noone's ever said what to do with the values in the tables...

So help me out here..do you zero it out? increase the values? decrease the values?...
Old 04-17-2005, 11:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on..noone knows...
Old 04-18-2005, 01:11 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some explanation of throttle cracker/follower:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/146625-throttle-follower-airflow-decay-throttle-cracker-airflow.html
Originally Posted by deezel
Throttle follower decay is how much air flow (grams/sec? grams/cyl?) is allowed to decrease per each 12.5 milliseconds. This comes into play when you let off the throttle - the PCM gradually closes the blade (for electronic throttles anyway) instead of slamming it shut. Throttle cracker is something like a minimum commanded airflow (grams/cyl) to keep the engine idling...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202333
Originally Posted by Racehead
It's called "throttle follower decay" in HPT. It has parameters for in park/neutral, and separate ones for "while in gear". There are other parameters that also effect this like the "TPS tracker step size" and something called " throttle cracker" , which I believe governs idle characteristics while the car is still moving versus when it's completely stopped. It's all in there.
So it sounds like setting them higher is what you would want, to allow the throttle blade to close faster.

Last edited by ACW; 04-25-2005 at 11:02 PM.