Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

juicy technical question

Old 04-22-2005, 09:38 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default juicy technical question

Gotta love the word juicy!

I have a 2000 silvy...took out the 5.3/4l60e and put in a 2002 6.0L/4l80e with a 2002 2500HD PCM. I have HPT(used LS1Edit for awhile). I am a baby tuner (I wouldn't even use the word tuner), but use Nelson for much of the editing and tweaking. I am learning. Here's my issue.

I am getting 0135, 0155, and 1153 codes. I grabbed a wiring schematic diagram of the 2000 5.3 1500 PCM and one for the 2002 6.0 2500HD PCM. These o2 sensors are definitely wired differently. Should I rewire the configuration as per the PCM schematic for 2002 6.0 or leave alone and tell the PCM to ignore those codes? I really want this truck to pass all tests so that I can run it through emissions (Maryland). But it will never pass all the tests with these codes. PLUS I don't know if the PCM is able to read and decide correctly as per the front o2's because of the "insufficient switching" codes I keep getting. I really don't want to rewire them...that would probably be an all day event, and just turning the codes off is a one minute ordeal. But I want it to understand and interpret everything correctly and run great, will it be okay if I turn off (ignore) the codes? I guess my big question is, with these codes, are the o2's hendering the PCM to do it's job? It's really just the heater circuits I guess. Becuase if it's not hendering, then off goes the codes.
Thanks

Search this Thread