Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle problems need help please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle problems need help please.

Hello yall. I been having problems with my cars idle. The car idles fine when its in park our netrual. But when i put it in gear and at a stop sign the idle goes up and down and stops and goes up and down. and the car died out once. It doesnt happen all the time. I thought it might be the wires and spark plugs. So i swaped them both to some new ones. I had one of my freinds scan the car for me and it was the passenger side 02 sensor. So i bought 2 brand new ones and installed them and still the same problem. I wonder what it could be?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Restricted User

pull your IAC Valve out and clean it off.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CAT3
pull your IAC Valve out and clean it off.
Were is the IAC valve? Is it the sensor that connects to the airlid?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:39 PM
Restricted User

Driver side of throttle body, top sensor. Simply unplug, remove two trox bit screws, gently pull (dont want to tear the o-ring). Wipe it off as best as possible. Reverse and start up. I dont know why they get all carboned up, but I just cleaned mine the day after I got back from Afghan, and it was filthy and idled like crap, not its better. This is the 3rd time I cleaned mine, so its probably time to replace.

Charlie
Old 04-24-2005, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

Driver side of throttle body, top sensor. Simply unplug, remove two trox bit screws, gently pull (dont want to tear the o-ring). Wipe it off as best as possible. Reverse and start up. I dont know why they get all carboned up, but I just cleaned mine the day after I got back from Afghan, and it was filthy and idled like crap, not its better. This is the 3rd time I cleaned mine, so its probably time to replace.

Charlie
Welcome back
Old 04-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Restricted User

Thanks, let me know if you need some help with stuff. I am not the best, but I know enough.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks, let me know if you need some help with stuff. I am not the best, but I know enough.
Thanks. I am gona be installing my cam at the ending of march. i have to see if i can scrape up for some heads as well. I dont know much but if you need a hand on your projects. i will be glad to help. I can weld. I am soon to be a underwater welder
Old 04-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Restricted User

You mean end of May? What kind of heads you looking for? Not sure, but I think Bode still ports, as well, I believe he is a PP Dealer on Island. I will be getting rid of my current PP 5.3L heads sometime around Oct. Have a set of stock heads for cheap if you want to get them ported too.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:19 PM
11 Second Club

Yea lol i ment may. I just moved into a house. Not sure what kind of heads i was lookin for. I was hoping i have enough for cam and head package from TSP.