PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a Dialed in VE table for a cam?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Anyone got a Dialed in VE table for a cam?

Anyone have a reasonably dialed in VE table (preferably 01 or 02) that I can use as a starting point for my f-13 cam? I was just going to start out with a z06 VE table and go from there, but if someone's got something a little better, id rather start there. I dont have wideband, and I really dont want to log my STFTs higher than 3600 RPM with PE disabled. How does everyone else handle this, just leave the higher rpm side stock?

Thanks,
-Tony
Old 04-28-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the HPTuners bin repository at the top of this forum
Old 04-28-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by txhorns281
check out the HPTuners bin repository at the top of this forum
Well, i assume you mean horist's repository. Ive been checking that site relogiously since its inception. There's very little there in the way of 01+ cam cars. One small comp cam, and one t-rex.

I wish someone would produce a bunch of template or starter bin files. Not finished or polished, but generally accepted, well rounded, good files to start with for cars with headers, cam only, and H+C cars. Maybe even throw in some FI bins there too.
Old 04-28-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
Well, i assume you mean horist's repository. Ive been checking that site relogiously since its inception. There's very little there in the way of 01+ cam cars. One small comp cam, and one t-rex.

I wish someone would produce a bunch of template or starter bin files. Not finished or polished, but generally accepted, well rounded, good files to start with for cars with headers, cam only, and H+C cars. Maybe even throw in some FI bins there too.
what about 02 cars? aftermarket cams will run similar on that platform, and to tell you the truth, the tunes on a 98-00 with aftermarket cams aren't too variant from 01-02. The VE basically takes the same shape, just needs a little tweaking here and there.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ive got it in my mind that the differences in intake manifold, as well as differences in IFR could make for a considerable change in VE tables. Maybe this is not true.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive got it in my mind that the differences in intake manifold, as well as differences in IFR could make for a considerable change in VE tables. Maybe this is not true.
nothing that would throw you so far off to not be able to use it as a base point. Most 98-00 have LS6 intakes by now anyway.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by txhorns281
Most 98-00 have LS6 intakes by now anyway.
This is true. Should I expand my horizons to include Y body's as well? Also, any difference, direct or indirect, in taking a VE from an a4 car?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is true. Should I expand my horizons to include Y body's as well? Also, any difference, direct or indirect, in taking a VE from an a4 car?
stick with M6s and F-bodies, and just work it out. In all honesty, the stock tune isn't that hard to work with either!