Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code p0748

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default code p0748 update: just got hp tuner

hey guys, ok. Before i was gettng a 0748, pressure control solenoid code. At first, i figured that since i have a shift kit, that it was messing with the computer.

well, i was wrong!!! After a few days on the new motor and built trans, my trans went caca!!!!! really bad! everything including the kitchen sink was toasted....my guess and my trans guy, the pressure control solenoid went bad and deep fried it.

Ok, so 1k later, including a new p. c. solenoid, the code gets cleared and the trans is shifting great. Well, i still need to adjust the shift points with the new stall but anyways, about a few days later after that, i get a check engine light again. BAm!!! p0748!!!

so im stumped guys. Can anyone chime in on why this code gets the mod for assuring my paranioa isnt just that, and what maybe some possible solution.

Also, im on the works of getting a hptuner real soon, so bear with me...thanks!!

edit: oh, almost forgot...just yesterday, i get her scanned again and the code was there. On the drive home, i stop to for some reason ( cant remember!!) when i turn her back on again, the check engine light is gone!!! Now im really worried!!

edit, again!: ok guys, i just got my hp tuners and i did a log, its quite long but if anyone would like to take a look at it and help me out with some tuning ideas...let me know.

i ran a dtc check, and im getting the code mentioned above. I cleared and it came back.

so i ran a quick scan and log tonight but unfortuante my laptp went standby and took the scan/log file with it. anyways, i did notice some things.

First, when the code is on, the dtc reads like 0748 (current)(history)(pending)(immature) .not necesarily in that order. this is wat i noticed:

Transmission temp: 170-190ish, maybe 206ish.. (stayed the same)

Force motor pcs duty: 100% (stayed the same)

Pressure control solenoid duty cycle: 0% (from 40% to 56-60%)

Transmission shift mode: 6 (stayed the same)

Force motor pcs line pressure: 0% (from 10% to 15%, this i might be off a bit but not to much o dont think)

Pressure control actual current: 0 A (ftom 1.2 to 2.0, again i might be off)

after clearing code, a few things changed but after a prolonged time in idle (gear in "p") it all went back to zero WITHOUT setting of the ses light. THe changes are in the parenthesis in the above list. also, since i dont have the actual file in front, this is wat io saw. I did do some hard runs buyt nothin to crazy..

i will get another log so if anyone would like to see it let me know.

Last edited by obZidian; 05-01-2005 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shazam!!!

just updated the original, please reread, thanks

Quick Reply: code p0748