PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still fighting getting my car to idle right...

Old 04-30-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default still fighting getting my car to idle right...

maybe someone can brainstorm with me on this one, i seem to get no help. if you cant give me answers then just think out loud, maybe it will trigger something in my head. this all came about after injector install, and now im wondering if they are just too big for stock internals, 43.65#, but others dont have issues

entered in lower flow rates and forced the car into running rich, o2 oscillation was great, car was rich as **** but idled fine. tuned the VE to take the richness out and idle sucked and o2s were lazy

put in the right flow rate and adjsuted the proportional idle tables lower, this helped but not much. went out and logged and tuned the VE and now the idle is bad again. o2s are lazy, and they were pretty lazy before that. tired to change the o2 error up and down and this didnt help out too much. tried to adjust the proportional fueling up and down for idle and this didnt help too much. the idle varies excessively.

bank to bank fuel trims seem to be inconsistent. the o2s are new and the car ran fine before injectors. im just wondering if turning off the proportional idle tables would help anything. once your going the car seems to be fine, its just the low load shows rich and i cant tune that out or it runs shitty, and gets richer when i pull fuel?? any ideas on what to try next lol, or should i just put the cam in it lol

Search this Thread