PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going from SD to MAF creates crappy idle.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Going from SD to MAF creates crappy idle.....

I tuned my idle and RAF table while running in SD mode. Car started perfect whether hot or cold start with no surging (proportional idle turned off). I calibrated my MAF and plugged it back in and my LTFT's are great. My problem now is that when it starts it surges up and down about 500 RPMS for half a minute and then settles down. I tried using the RAF calculator to recalculate my idle airflow but its not helping at all and only makes it worse. I have tried moving my RAF values 5 times according to the RAF calculator and it only makes it worse. My best results are when I leave the RAF table at the same values that made it idle perfect in SD mode(still surges on cold and hot startups). Any ideas how to get idle whether warm or cold to not surge when back in MAF mode. If I go MAFless the idle is perfect again

My proportional idle is still off. Will turning it back on help anything?

Another crappy note is that I ordered a LC-1 wideband to tune my WOT and now APE has gone belly up. Hopefully my Credit Card dispute is refunded and I can order an LM-1 here soon as LC-1's are back ordered well over a month. I really want to go WOT on this beast!!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

u can try to turn proportional idle on but hell my car runs shitty with it on and im gonna try and turn it off so i can tune right, so i dont think turning it on would help, altough it may. what changes did you make between when it was running good and now?
Old 05-10-2005, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Only change from idling great to idling crappy was re-enabling the MAF. Now it surges. If I unplug the MAF again it will idle great!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

leave the maf off then haha. i have mine off the car so i cant really comment on this anymore. might wanna check wiht some of the guys running MAF i think i have read about their problems at first for this