Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird TCS light coming off and on

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default weird TCS light coming off and on

I did a cam swap on my car last weekend. I have a temp tune to make it run until I get it tuned by a pro. But ever since the swap, whan I start my car in the morning or right after work, the TCS OFF light comes on. Now if I let it idol for a while or if I drive it it will go off. Say in a couple of miutes or so. I do not understand why it is doing this. Also, I have LS1 Edit, and LS1 Scan, I keep getting a code now which I am sure is either missfire or low O2 temps. I try to read the DTC with LS1 Scan and it reads it but the numbers it give do not make any since. They are just a bunch of 0's and 1's. Whats up with that? I have no idea what the codes are. I can clear the codes with LS1 Scan, but reading them is a nother story. Does anyone know if I need to change something somewere in the program to make it read right?
Old 05-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a clue about your program but you may check your MAP sensor connection on the back of your intake maniforld. I had similar problems after my cam swap and it turned out that when I removed the AIR setup I half way disconnected the MAP sensor and it would do that intermitantly.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Were and which one is it? Yo say it is on the back. Yes, I could have did something like that when I moved the EGR hose around on the passenger side. I thought the sensor on the diver side front of the intake was the MAP sensor. It has a hose that plugs in behind the throttle body on the driver side. What is this one? If you can give me an idea which one it is and which side it is on I will check it out today. Thanks man.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The MAP wiring connector is all the way on the back of the intake manifold. Careful not to break the oil pressure sending unit when you're poking around back there.

However - I'm willing to bet it's not the MAP plug and it's your new (temp) tune. When the throttle position and airflow is off from where the PCM expects it to be for MAP vs.MAF vs. TPS it will do that TCS behavior and also sometimes throw a P0121 TPS performance code. Drilled fbody TBs with the hole too big will do the same thing. Bad/loose grounds in the engine compartment can also cause it.

If the problem is tuning related and is happening at idle, which I'm guessing it is, you might be able to help a little by raising your idle speed. If you're throwing the P0121 code, you can set the MAP window on that code to min=0 max=100 to prevent the code from setting.

Good luck,
Bad30th
Old 05-14-2005, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I think you are right there. I do not see (well feal) anything wrong back there. It only does it when I first start the car and it is idleing. Mainly when it is hunting and trying to get warmed up. It does sometime flash a code. I have no idea what the code is. All I have right now to read the code is LS1 Scan. I will clear the code but it does not give me numbers that make any sence.