Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Code conflict! (P0104)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help Code conflict! (P0104)

I had the SES so I scanned the codes at Auto Zone and the scanner gave P0104 bank 1 sensor 2 no activity...

everywhere else I look up the code says it means the MAF is giving an intermittant signal..

what is really wrong here?

Thanks!

Last edited by PMD Power; 05-20-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:33 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

104 is thrown when you have a malfunctioning MAF...
either it is unplugged..or has a problem like one of the resistors is fried or broken...

betting the Autozone scanner was one you have to set up before each use and they probably set it up wrong or something
Old 05-20-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DTC P0104 - Mass Air Flow Circuit Intermittent

Check to make sure that your maf is plugged in properly, and check to see if it is damaged or dirty (oil, dirt, etc). Just some ideas to get you started, good luck!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should my car be running noticably different? cause it is not...

can I clean the MAF somehow before going to buy a new one if it is not visable broken?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:38 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

denatured alchohol...and a q-tip...with fragile gentle light nuclear precision touch...
take your time...dont be in a hurry...clean it thouroughly...
then check all connections...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are correct. And one big thing to remember is, NEVER TRUST AUTOZONE SCAN TOOLS. Actually never trust any part from autozone that is electronic, they are all cheap crap. But yeah, never trust autozone to scan your comp. They will look up a code and if it says there is a bad signal, they will tell you you need a sensor. They have no idea how to test circuits or sensors to see what is wrong. I have had to fix numerous cars at the last shop I worked at because people went to autozone and got thier car scanned, then autozone said, "change this and you'll be fixed" After spending a couple hundred dollars on parts because they listened to the dumb *** autozone "parts guys" notice they aren't called techs. They wasted twice as much money as it would have costed to just spend the $70 scan fee to find out what is really wrong. I am not trying to be a dick, I just don't want to see you listen to someone from autozone. There is a reaso why autozone doesn't fix cars. It's to bad, because if they did, it would create alot more business for all of the shops with real technicians. Anyway,bottom line, never trust a autozone employee that tries to tell you what is wrong with your car. Make sure you know what you need when you go in there. Those guys have no clue what is going on. Now I know that there are a very small handfull of guys there that do have a clue, but most of them don't know the first thing about diagnosing cars. I hope that this post is seen by alot of members, and saves them alot of trouble and stress from taking advice from an autozone employee. Remember there is a reason why they give you a $70 diagnostic scan for free.

I hope i saved some of you guys from making a big mistake