PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PeRfoRmAnCe BuTTon For a CAMARO or VETTE!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PeRfoRmAnCe BuTTon For a CAMARO or VETTE!!

hey guys i was playing around and found some really cool tables in efi live.
You can turn on and make a performance transmission mode and EVEN a full manual transmission mode. !!!!
You can even have both at the same time!!
It has the pins labeled that need to put into the computer plugs, and the install was easy, all i did was put the wire into the correct pin, turn on the tables, enter the data into the performance tabs in the transmission and a quick write to the pcm and done.. !!!! Press the momentary switch and it goes into the "haul azz mode" !!! if you make the switch hidden you can make the trans shift really early and have a ton of tm put in it to, so no one can beat on your car but you, or hook up a big led and show all your freinds when you turn it on... No no need to have harsh fast shifts when you dont need them!!! I wonder what else is in this software that i havent even seen yet..!!!!! Im a happy guy now. Ohh yah, If anyone wants the instructions on what i did to make it work, and a couple of FREE wires with the correct pins on them for them to plug right into your computer harness, just email me and ill hook you guys up!!!! "insert performance shift button smiley here"
Old 05-21-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's pretty cool, wonder if that works with HP Tuners...hmm
J
Old 05-21-2005, 12:53 AM
TECH Addict

nah, i dont think so.. if im ever in new mexico, you owe me a ride, that thing sounds like it is one bad to the bones car...!!!
Old 05-21-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If you happen to land up here in NM one day, you can take it for a spin. Looks like efilive is pretty cool...hope they offer more support for the 98's than HP does...then i'll switch back to them...right now I'm just watching their board. I'm still working on small odds and ends on the turbo right now, should be able to fire it up this sunday, but enough of my hijacking and back to your cool find.
J
Old 05-21-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that would be the "Tow/Haul" button on the trucks.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

yah, it uses the same tables, but from the factory there are some os changes and other settings in the 92k that need to be turned on and data put in, Its not just putting in the data on the tables. The efilive guys did alot to get this in. Also the manual shift is not in a truck either..
Old 05-22-2005, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info........ I always wondered why the F-body didn't have a "Performance" shift button from the factory. I would love to have 2 shift modes available, one for aggressive driving and the other a tame quicking shifting\torque converter locking mode for when I need to cruise thru town and keep the exhaust somewhat quiet.

My Avalanche has the "In Town" button, I mean the Tow/Haul button and heck my wife's Grand Prix GTP has a performance shift button right on the leather shifter **** but nothing in the Camaro ...................hmmmmmmm.......... I wonder if the GTP shift **** would fit the F-Body shifter.

Check your e-mail