PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My VE sheet

Old 05-24-2005, 07:06 PM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default My VE sheet

I don't know if its any good or not but this is what I am using to modify my secondary ve table and calculate a new primary ve table. Feedback is welcome.
Phil

http://home.comcast.net/~pthomas1077...tion_Sheet.xls
Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made one just like that in December. I got laughed at...
Old 05-25-2005, 05:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your not using the Fuel Trims to change the VE table at part throttle tuning? It looks like you just using the wideband and going for 13ish accross the board? I thought we were only supposed to use the Wideband for WOT tuning. Please correct my statement if im wrong.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:32 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use it for both. He has forced the car into open loop so the PCM isnt using the o2 sensors as an input
Old 05-25-2005, 11:11 AM
7 Second Club

HumpinSS hit the nail on the head. The car is setup to go into SD mode without O2s. I am using the HPTuners Scanner to log the Wideband A/F. I like using the spread sheet rather than the correction in HP tuners because you can limit the amount of correction, I found that in earlier tunes Decel and cells that I didn't hit enough had insufficient data and sometimes they said to correct 6# when it really should have been 2 or 3 percent if the cells had been hit enough and the numbers were to stabilize.

So I decided to do a spread sheet so I could command the Air to Fuel I wanted as well as the max correction factor. I am getting close to all of the cells being withing 2% correction factor. Decel and high RPM/high KPA cells are the only ones left. Doing the maf calibration we found out that the MAF was very dirty(thanks Marcin) so we cleaned it up and the readings were more consistent.

The second thing I liked about the spreadsheet is that once you get your secondary table finished and smoothed, simply cut and paste it into the 2nd page and it will calculate your primary table. Cut/paste it and your done.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so did you figure out the cause of dirty data?
remind me later to send you my VE spreadsheet, i have some stuff you might like in it.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:01 PM
7 Second Club

Marcin,
I logged the drive to work and it seems like cleaning the MAF helped the problem, I have not been able to get on it hard above 4k due to the rain. I think once the rain clears and I can stand on the gas the WOT LB/MIN numbers are going to be inline. Its moving ~30lbs of air @ 45% throttle. We're going in the right direction. I owe you one for the help. Send the VE spreadsheet when you get a minute.
Phil

Search this Thread