PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone run a multi disc converter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 11:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone run a multi disc converter?

What tuning software do you use? It doesnt look like hptuners is capable of locking it under wot throttle. I talked to magnus and he said that there wasnt anything wrong w/ how I had it tuned and said that it was the converter clutches not wanting to lock at WOT but it locks manually perfectly.
I thought it was the tps not being able to go past 100% but magnus says that has nothing to do w/ it... I will still try it once one of you guys get it setup for me.

If any of you guys have .bins that you actually got it to lock please email them to me..

Does anyone have any idea as far as hptuners go or shoud I switch to ls1edit?
Old 05-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Former Moderator :(

Multi disk converters work best for racing, on the street they almost knock your teeth out when they lock up. Most have cintered iron disk and they are very crude. Yank has a cool mechanicle lock up that works well ( IF YOU GET A GOOD ONE ) if it does not have a vibration in it. And don"t lock the stock one @ WOT it won"t take much of that before it goes south on you. Lets see Multi disk lock up = suck, Yank = suck, and stock = suck, wish I would have been more help!
Old 05-28-2005, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

I have the vig 3600 multi disc and it itself is great all around. When i manually lock it up it doesnt vibrate at all, just starts pulling hard.

My only problem is that most lock theirs with a button rather than having it tuned to lock up at a certian speed/gear. So their is virtually no information on it. I have searched all over this site and hptuners site w/ nothing. Some of the guys on here had helpful info nothing has worked yet.