Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is this possible??

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question is this possible??

can i use a hypertech programmer and ls1edit on my car.
my car is tuned with ls1edit, but i am looking to adjust temps,shift firmness,rev limiter and shift points with the hypertech. is this possible to do without installing the hypertech engine program?
thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 07:19 AM
TECH Addict

Yes you can modify your pcm without installing the tuning. But, I'd be a little concerned about using both of them together. If you want to change temps, firmness, etc., why not just do it in LS1Edit?
Old 06-03-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just thought it would be easier to adjust those settings with the hypertech, because i dont have ls1edit, maybe ill have my tuner do it.
thanks
Old 06-03-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you do get an HPP3, I wouldn't buy new.. they're way too much... a used one for under 100 bux is your best bet

But you need to make sure that the person you buy from is 100% certain they reset the HPP3 to stock ... (this means removing the HPP3 power tune, removing ALL changes done w/the HPP3) ALso need to make sure it'll work w/your model...

Another inexpensive alternative is to pickup a used Predator... it's 75 or 80 bux to have it reset ... so if you pick one up for 100 you're out of pocket 180 + shipping instead of the 325 or whatever HPP3s sell for new.

I'd just have your tuner do it though... any competent tuner can make those changes easily... check w/whomever is tuning your car to see if they offer free or inexpensive changes after your initial tune (alot of mail order places will do these kinds of changes free or cheap I think after the initial tune)