PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Asking People Who Know

Old 06-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Asking People Who Know

I Am New To Ls1 Tech. And Was Wanting Some Feed Back On Tuning Software. Is There A Single Company Out There That Offers The Best Overall Package. User Friendly, Ease Of Recovery Incase Of Mistake,data Logger And Programming In One And So On. Hope I Am Not Posting Somthing That As Been Posted And Discussed To Death.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it actually has been discussed to death. search and ye shall find.

you'll find a lot of people here use hptuners for their tuning; it is probably the most popular. also you'll find some people here that are using the new version of efilive and they prefer that. ls1edit was the first tuner available for our cars and back when it was the only thing around everyone loved it...since then the other two companies have improved on features found in ls1edit and you'll find that popular opinion is that most people prefer the newer ones.

also the licensing systems are different. i don't want to look up efilive's licensing because i don't know off the top of my head, but hptuners allows you to tune 2 different platforms for an unlimited number of vehicles. so say for example you had a 01 vette and i had a 98 camaro...we would be able to go in together and get the program and we would be able to tune all 2001 corvettes and all 1998 f-bodies. very convenient. i have a buddy who has hptuners for his 1998 camaro and since i own the same model year/body style car and he's nice enough to let me use the software, i will be tuning my vehicle with it here in the next couple weeks.

hopefully that gets you started in the right direction, but there's tons more info that's already been talked about on this board and you should do research to find out which is the best tuner for you before you decide to commit your money and jump in the tuning realm.

also welcome to the tech boards. good to have you here!

Search this Thread