Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Efi Live Ve Table

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Efi Live Ve Table

okay, i have modified my PE table and leaned my car out and then i have turned off the cat converter protection so that i don't go rich at WOT. Now I want to tune my car with the VE table because i hear that is the next step. How do i do this properly WITH EFI LIVE. All i see is with HPTuners

I have read this : VE Table Cracked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been working on the VE table quite a bit lately and I think I found the solution.

Thanks to gameover for some key hints.

The VE table looks as though it is in meters cubed, it is just not used like a conventional VE table. The VE values are such that the PCM can directly backcalculate to g/cyl, the primary means to determine fueling and timing.
This is what makes it so confusing. You can't solve for air mass, you have to solve for g/cyl.

Anyhoo, here is the equation

VE = ((massflow * IAT / (MAP * RPM * Displacement))

Massflow: grams/sec
IAT: Degrees Kelvin
MAP: Bar
RPM: Duh!
Displacement: Cubic Meters

To solve for the massflow in g/sec simply re-arrange the equation.

Massflow = (VE * MAP * RPM * Displacement) / IAT

My old method of "Divide by 30" works okay because we are inadvertantly solving for a volume ratio. The molar mass of air is 28.96 g/mol.

I have compared the above equation to every bit of data that I have ever collected for a stock car, and the data matches up perfectly.

Any corrections, comments, or blinding errors please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

is that how you get the whole table and to where your ltrims to 0??
Old 06-08-2005, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a WB, if you dont you will have to do it via LTRIMS and STRIMS. A ve table is a ve table is a ve table. The moethods listed for the HPTuners dialing in your ve table will work with Live.

Make maps for you LTRIMS and STRIMS
Then make a calc pid that will average LTRIMS and STRIMS

eg
"({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2" and the same for STRIMS

if a WB is used then there is plenty of documentation on the Lives Website to set up WB logging, Auto Tune and filtering....

Quick Reply: Efi Live Ve Table