PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning question on new setup...

Old 06-08-2005, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tuning question on new setup...

I've already got all my stuff to do my engine buildup w/STS setup, and all the supporting mods. What I'm running into trouble with is finding a good tuner in the memphis area. I've only found one tuner in the area and he's in little rock, and they've only done a couple of cars...no turbo ls1 and they just started using ls1 edit recently. Would I be ok to fill out all of the info on the nelson website and get a new pcm from them with all of my specifications, or is that the stupidest idea you've ever heard of.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

T T T
Old 06-10-2005, 12:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

I know this will receive a lot of flame posts, but I had nelson tune my truck in person at his shop in san antonio, and when I finally got HPtuners for myself, I found that the tune had a lot of problems. Half the fun of hot-rodding is tuning for yourself anyway, so just spend the money on software instead of a mail order tune. BTW, when I say problems, I mean tons of negative Ltrims and knock retard.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Tuning is alot more critical on a FI car. I understand the fun aspect of it, but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with nelson's at all. Wouldn't be to much fun if I blew up my setup because of a sucky mail oder tune or because I tried to tune it myself, having no idea how to adjust the car's tune with a mouse instead of a screwdiver and a wrench. Thanks for the input though. Keep it coming guys.

Search this Thread