Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

different method for tuning ltft

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default different method for tuning ltft

Im a newbie and have been experimenting with ve tuning through ltft with the maf plugged in. When scanning I have been disabling fuel trim learn, and resetting fuel trims with every scan as to try and get a more accurate picture of the ve table without the pcm making corrections to fuel trim cells. Within a couple of scans I can get the majority of the ltft cells to 0 with just the ltft and disabling fuel learn, then Im thinking of going through and repeating the process for the stft. Is my thinking right here?

Im worried that my ve table I get will be askewed to an improperly tuned maf meter and if I were to do the maf first then it would be askewed to an improper ve. Is there a way to see the error between the ve and maf readings?

If the ve is tuned to an untunned maf and the outcome is correct fueling and the ve is tuned and the maf is tunned and the outcome is correct fueling what the point of going through and altering both?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
If the ve is tuned to an untunned maf and the outcome is correct fueling and the ve is tuned and the maf is tunned and the outcome is correct fueling what the point of going through and altering both?
This is why we tune in SD. If you don't have interference from the MAF, then (upon verification with WBO2) you can tune your VE table to be correct. Assuming you can achieve an accurate VE table, you can then log (or have logged already) dynamic airflow and compare it to the readings your MAF is seeing and calibrate it so that it is correct as well. Now, you have a correct MAF and a correct VE. That's the point of altering both.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
This is why we tune in SD. If you don't have interference from the MAF, then (upon verification with WBO2) you can tune your VE table to be correct. Assuming you can achieve an accurate VE table, you can then log (or have logged already) dynamic airflow and compare it to the readings your MAF is seeing and calibrate it so that it is correct as well. Now, you have a correct MAF and a correct VE. That's the point of altering both.
makes sense, Ive given up on trying to tune fuel tables with the maf connected its just impossible and I end up with some whacked out ve tables.

What proportion should the dynamic airflow reading be to the maf readings?
Old 06-10-2005, 07:26 PM
TECH Addict

Go here. That should help ya out.
http://www.allmod.net/hpt/

Another helpful thread...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/256989-dialing-maf-tables-anyone.html
Old 06-10-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Junkie

thats exactly what I was looking for thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 09:28 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

here is another method for dialing in the MAF after you get done with VE thru SD

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...5&page=1&pp=20