PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs + TDs + HP Tuners = Service Vehicle Light?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 10:49 PM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTs + TDs + HP Tuners = Service Vehicle Light?

Not an SES light, a Service Vehicle light. I've never heard of one of those being tripped. If you're low on oil (which I'm not) it says Check Oil. Low on gas, Check Gauges. Problem with the brakes, ABS INOP, etc... Otherwise you get an SES light. Pulled the AIR and EGR as well as the rear O2s, but all codes were deleted or turned off, no SES light, and nothing comes up in a scan.

Anyone know what kind of potential parameters have to exist to trip this and also what any type of solutions might be? I didn't even know there was a service vehicle light. Ran a search and came up with no kind of good info. Used a 1 3/8" freeze plug for the hole in the intake where the EGR used to be, could that be leaking somehow? Is it possible that I got a screwy flash and I should try again? I reset the PCM twice today and the light is on immediately when I cut the car on, even after the reset, it's immediately tripped. I just dont know what would set a Service Vehicle light or how I can fix this.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:41 PM
TECH Junkie

So you pulled the AIR,EGR and rear O2's, and deleted the codes, any other changes to the pcm? Are those the only codes you turned off?
Old 06-12-2005, 11:51 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

IF the MAF codes got turned off (like when you dont want to see SES when tuning for SD) then you get a Service Vehicle Light....

perhaps one of your codes got changed that didnt need to be...
try reflashing the original and see if it goes away(of course you will get SES....) and then remove SES codes only....
Old 06-13-2005, 08:49 AM

Not a bad idea Scott. I'll reflash to the last tune known to be good and then see if I get a Service Vehicle light, then we can go and try turning stuff off again just to be sure. Wont be until this weekend until I can get access to HP Tuners.

AIR and EGR codes were deleted, rear O2s were set to not set the SES light (so my 3 out of 5 sensors stay "ready" for emissions). No other changes to the PCM that I know of unless something accidentally got messed with (buddy deleted the codes while I went inside to take a leak).

What has me thinking that it has to be something big (not damaging, just something unplugged or something screwy with the flash) is that the light is immediate. I dont even have to crank the car, after both PCM resets, just cutting it to the "on" position and letting all the lights go out, its still there.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:11 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Not a bad idea Scott. I'll reflash to the last tune known to be good and then see if I get a Service Vehicle light, then we can go and try turning stuff off again just to be sure. Wont be until this weekend until I can get access to HP Tuners.

AIR and EGR codes were deleted, rear O2s were set to not set the SES light (so my 3 out of 5 sensors stay "ready" for emissions). No other changes to the PCM that I know of unless something accidentally got messed with (buddy deleted the codes while I went inside to take a leak).

What has me thinking that it has to be something big (not damaging, just something unplugged or something screwy with the flash) is that the light is immediate. I dont even have to crank the car, after both PCM resets, just cutting it to the "on" position and letting all the lights go out, its still there.

you just said something...
If you turn off o2's...you need to set them to no error reported...
if you just turn off the SES...you will get service vehicle
I personally always just set the codes to no error reported so that teh car still does all its tests for emissions people
Old 06-13-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I got one of those when I forgot to tighten one of my ground wires.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Mat
Launching!

Ditto to Scott there. I just set mine to report no error when I did the longtubes.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:59 AM

I believe we did set them to no error report and left them on, but we may have cut the light off (but not disabled the error report, if I'm reading you right that would set the Service Vehicle light correct?), but we'll double check when we flash in the old tune, then take out the emissions stuff.

How do you properly set it up to not send the error report, but still keep the O2s on and not trip a Service Vehicle light?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

We need to meet and I'll show you how
Old 06-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Teching In

what codes are you getting? what codes have been changed from type A,to B,or C?

Brian
Old 06-24-2005, 12:11 PM

Not sure on the codes, can check tonight when we mess with the car.

The cam and new converter are in. PCM has been reflashed a few times. SV light is still on. It comes on immediately, even if I dont start the car (just turning it "on" brings the light up for the normal 3 seconds, but then the light never goes off).

Cam, if you've got any tips please shoot them to Paul so he can look over my tune and see whats off if it's tune related.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any luck?

I had this problem last year RIGHT before the motor blew up.

New motor went in on 6-18-05, still getting the light. Believe me every connection is hooked up. I only get it when idling for more than 3 minutes. If I'm moving, the light goes out, and it's not there on startup.

Driving me nuts - what is it??????????????????????????????

Found this - read the last post; O2 codes ( x vs. c )

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ervice+vehicle

Last edited by Viper; 07-03-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

The Check Engine Light (aka "SES") is for emissions related failures. Anytime a failure occurs to an emissions device, or would otherwise cause emissions output to exceed 1.5 times the federal limit, this light should illuminate. It illuminates with Type "A" DTCs (light comes on immediately) or Type "B" DTCs (light comes on after two consecutive failures).

Service Vehicle Soon light is usually related to non-emissions failures. This could be Type "C" DTCs, and is also usually used in conjuction with ABS/TCS faults.

Quick Reply: LTs + TDs + HP Tuners = Service Vehicle Light?