Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

open loop tuning question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 09:02 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default open loop tuning question

Well im getting ready to tune open loop but my question is when the car stays in open loop all time is the car going to run rich part throttle?What changes have to be made.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Addict

Unless you're tuning with a wideband, it will still command a 14.7 AFR. If you're using a wideband, you'll command a 13.0-12.5 AFR depending on your preferences. However, tuning should take roughly one hour with a wideband setup where using the stock narrowbands will tend to take quite a bit more time. Check out http://texasfbody.org/hpt/SDTuningVE/ for a little more technical how-to.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:23 PM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

The info is good to bad i don't have hp tuners.They refer everything to hp tuner software so it gets kind of confuesing. efi live like i have doesn't have the same hotkey.I do have a wideband and i guess the best way to tackle it is just start messing with it.I have the basic idea i just thought maybe someone Could walk me through it or some pointers.It looks like a lot of people don't tune open loop.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to find the Open Loop Fuel Air Multiplier vs Coolant Temp vs Map table. It may be called something else in efi live, but it will probably be with all the fueling stuff. If you want it to command 14.7:1 you can change the cells you want to a value of 1. Just don't command 14.7 above a manifold pressure of 75 kpa. Some people will change the whole table to command 13:1 so they all the cells read the same on the wideband cause it's easier to keep track of that way. You can command whatever a/f you want in open loop, the point is to make it easier on yourself to see where it's off. Hope that makes sense.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:39 AM
8 SEC SLOPPY SHOT!!!

Thanks p mack ill give it a try