Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

efilive non transferable?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default efilive non transferable?

I am looking for a copy of efilive and a cable and I didn't know if it was non transferable? I am itching to get this program and cable but the price is a killer, I'm sure it's worth it I just don't have that much.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean can you buy it from someone else? Yes you can. You just need to have the serial and information from his and then they can put it in your name. Or are you refering to FlashScan?
Old 06-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Teching In

I'm talking about efilive.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:40 AM
TECH Junkie

efilive is transferable.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

When I upgraded from efilive to flashscan I didn't have to send back my old efilive cable they let me keep it, which was awesome. However, because I was able to upgrade from efilive to flashscan I agreed not to sell my old efilive cable. So, if this person has already upgraded his flashscan cable he should not be selling his cable, unless they have changed the policy. But, there was nothing stating I couldn't give it away or trade the cable so there is a way to unload the cable. I'm trying to sell my edit with the efilive cable for free, no takers I had a close sale but I told them about the flashscan and they went with that. Can't blame them right I mean one cable to tune log, you can log with out the laptop, and attach a wb to why bother with edit at this point. So needless to say I still have my old cable and edit.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I thought you may sell the live cable, but the purchaser had to understand that it is only for scanning and can't be upgraded to the FlashScan interface to allow for tuning.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

from their sight
You may have purchased your EFILive Scan Tool from someone who has already upgrade it to EFILive FlashScan and then sold it to you. That may be a breach of EFILive's License Terms and Conditions.
I'm pritty sure that one of the agreements whem they first offerd the flashscan in the winter that it stated I could not sell my old cable.

I'll find out for sure
Old 06-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Teching In

how much does it cost to purchase or upgrade from eflive to flashscan?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

check out www.efilive.com
Old 06-28-2005, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ace68
from their sight
I'm pritty sure that one of the agreements whem they first offerd the flashscan in the winter that it stated I could not sell my old cable.

I'll find out for sure
That's what I recall. One thing is for sure. If you buy a cable from someone who upgraded to Flashscan, you will not be able to use that serial number to get the upgrade to Flashscan pricing.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EFILIVE
The way the upgrade from EFILive on AutoTap to EFILive on FlashScan works is like this:

When you purchased EFILive on AutoTap, you actually bought two products:
1. The AutoTap cable. (rrp $160)
2. The EFILive Scan Tool license. (rrp $338)
As a package they cost around $498

The upgrade to EFILive Personal Scan and Tune is calcualted by subtracting the Scan Tool License from the retail price:
i.e. $699-$338 = $361 (reduced to $349 to make the upgrade price half of retail)

When you upgrade to EFILive on FlashScan, you only traded your EFILive Scan Tool license, not the AutoTap interface. You can do whatever you like with your AutoTap cable - it is not part of the upgrade deal.

What that means is, your old EFILive Scan Tool license is no longer valid. It cannot be used for any future upgrades, support calls or other offers from EFILive. The new EFILive FlashScan license replaces the old one.

We make one exception, you may continue to use the EFILive Scan Tool license on your AutoTap cable as a spare scan tool.

If you sell (or even give away) the AutoTap cable to someone else, then you MUST NOT SELL the EFILive Scan Tool license that you used to upgrade to EFILive FlashScan.

Some customers have asked if they could lend their existing AutoTap cable and (now void) EFILive Scan Tool license to a friend or family member. We realise that will happen and so long as the person to whom you lend the (now void) license, is aware that it is not a supported product and cannot be used for any further upgrades and/or support calls then we accept that.

What we don't want to discover is some poor customer who has unknowingly purchased an EFILive Scan Tool and AutoTap cable from someone who has fraudulently sold them an already upgraded EFILive Scan Tool license.

Regards
Paul
Originally Posted by EFILIVE
Having said all that I forgot about the offer that we are going to make soon. Hang on to your Edit and HPT cables (and maybe other cable types, we have not decided yet), they may be worth something as a trade in when you purchase EFILive.

Don't worry if you have already purchased or are about to purchase, the offer will be made retrospectively for all EFILive FlashScan customers - noone will miss out.
This is straight from Paul at EFI Live.