Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF worksheet for EFILive

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MAF worksheet for EFILive

Since EFILive works a little different than HPTuners, I decided to create an Excel sheet to calibrate the MAF in EFILive. Given we can't see the raw data (as far as I know we can't - the export feature didn't work on mine), I set it up to use the weighted average of up to four different logs. You would have to log DYNAIR_DMA (grams/sec) and MAF Freq (Hz) in SD, plug them into the sheet and it would generate a new table for you. Would anyone here be interested in it?

Red...you mind taking a look at it and seeing if you can improve upon it? I'm attempting to create theoretical values for frequencies that weren't logged. I figure since we would rarely hit these numbers, a straight percentage change based on nearby cells would get us in the ballpark.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtop...?p=12729#12729
Old 06-30-2005, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

raw exported data are just that, just make sure you export the column with the right units i've used my sheet with EFI data and it works just fine.
make sure you have the newest updates for EFI, they had some problems with histograms, i got 7.2.3 build 247 and it works well.
my spreadsheet is quite flexible, so when the efi map i have was returning strange values, i was able to emulate the mistakes/assumptions of the efi map and get identical results. basically do a lot of checking for border cases, make sure your interval borders are set right, and that you don't double count (or not count at all) the border values. the trick is to count the total of samples in all intervals together, vs the initial number of data. that should get you really close.
talk to me on aim if you want any more. i'm usually on (maybe not tonight, it's my bday)
Old 07-01-2005, 09:39 AM
TECH Addict

Happy Birthday

Red, I think I got most of it except for that whole thing about keeping existing cell counts (like when you hit shift-ctrl-H on your sheet). Do you think you could add it in for me? You may have to unhide some of the columns. I have "O" set to sum the total cell counts for the four logs and "J" uses that information to apply a weigted average. But, it doesn't keep the old data. I'd appreciate it if you have the time. Just not quite that good with Excel yet.

Last edited by SSpdDmon; 07-01-2005 at 09:52 AM.