Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car running like shit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car running like ****

well..i dont know where to start..first off.i had a hotcam back in the day with longtubes,stock heads..i took it all out..put the car back to stock, but never changed the tune..the idle was set to 1k..i had then and still have a vigi 3600 in it..well this past weekend i put on a set of stage II patriots and tsp 231/231 .598 cam..,ls6 intake, and longtubes back on with true duals.well the car runs like crap..obv i need a tune but i think i have other problems..the dam car will not idle..AT ALL..when i first started it up the very first time..it seemed to do alright...stayed right around 1k..now it wont even beging to stay there..it will buck and surge like hell and die..sometimes it will just start up and immediately die..i cant even drive it due to haveing to two foot it badly.. i would think it would at least try to idel with it being set at 1k..i extended my 02 sensors myself (soldered the wires and extended) dont know if that means anything.. also i got a tps code 121 i belive..cant remember ..i deleted it with my handheld code reader..(not full scanner just your obII reader you get at oreillys) ..THat prompted me to check my tps with my voltmeter..turned on teh key it was .53 at idle and whatever it supposed to be at wot..cant rember but i looked it up..4.65 or soemthing..either way its right on the nose.. any thoughts? i plan on ordering some extensions and new sensors on tues. also gonna get it to a tuner ASAP to log it and see what in the hell is going on..just like to get some ideas. ITs just weird that everthing was kosher before the install so it would seem like it wouldnt be a sensor since they were not throwing codes before.. also it seems like its missing every now and then at about 2500 rpm..say your just cruising at 2500..seems like its surging and kind of missing..AND last but not least..it wont downshift...i can nail it about 25 or so..or lesss..wont downshift..just stays in second..pos...hahah sorry so long..
matt

ALSO..if i were to decide to go in halves with someone on hptuners..Is it possible for me to log mine and then have someone look at it..(if they were to be so kind) and help me tune it or email me a tune just to get started on? i have never dealt with tuning so i would be a complete newb but i would be willing to learn if i could find someone that wouldnt mind helping me out..

Last edited by redbandit98; 07-01-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 02:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its probably the tune. I worked on a G5x4 cammed car the other week that wouldn't idle at all, not even for a second, but it runs perfect now. There's a lot of enrichment, ve, ect tables that need to be messed around with.

I'm not really an internet tuner, but if you get hp tuners, send me your .bin file and I should be able to get it to at least idle.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks..if i decide to go with it..ill let you know..cant really decide..also its hard to tell as far as misfires bc my misfire table or whatever it is is turned off bc they told me with the cam it would constantly set the ses light so they turned it off..
matt