PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy MAF Calibration with EFI Live(NO SPREADSHEETS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 07:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Easy MAF Calibration with EFI Live(NO SPREADSHEETS)

It was suggested on EFI live's forum but I had to try it for myself. I am not to up on worksheets anymore and wanted something that was pretty easy to use. I used a custom MAP/Histogram that is based on MAF Frequency and AFR. The tables are setup so the difference from commanded and actual is displayed in a percentage just the same as LTFT/Wideband. I plotted the VE table just the same as I would if I was tuning for VE, but instead used the % error from the MAF table and after two passes was done. The ability to make our own custom MAP's is great and no more excel!!! Not to mention the guy is tickled pink now with his car.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Black02SS
It was suggested on EFI live's forum but I had to try it for myself. I am not to up on worksheets anymore and wanted something that was pretty easy to use. I used a custom MAP/Histogram that is based on MAF Frequency and AFR. The tables are setup so the difference from commanded and actual is displayed in a percentage just the same as LTFT/Wideband. I plotted the VE table just the same as I would if I was tuning for VE, but instead used the % error from the MAF table and after two passes was done. The ability to make our own custom MAP's is great and no more excel!!! Not to mention the guy is tickled pink now with his car.
Another reason to why EFILive is the best tuning tool for LSx engines.
Old 07-03-2005, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

yup, HumpinSS figured it out, I showed him some mistakes, and now it's all good. just make sure your boundries are set up right, and you should be good to go. HPT2 should have histograms for anything as well, so i'm looking forward to porting all my tools into maps. i can't wait to get rid of excel madness.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Explain to me why the boundaries need to be set up? I have always used a default 98 boundaries with no problems. You are correct, HumpinSS and I were talking one night about it and he had this idea about 6 months ago. I don't understand where there could have been mistakes as it is pretty simple, but nonetheless, EFI Live rocks!!

Quick Reply: Easy MAF Calibration with EFI Live(NO SPREADSHEETS)