Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Newbie EFI Live Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question More Newbie EFI Live Questions

I see how detailed all those screen shots are, and realize what a powerful tool they can be. What the hell size of manual comes with this program to learn how to understand everything??? It would be nice to have someone here that knows about this stuff, but there is no one.. I want to learn how to implement this great tool, but DAMN it really looks complicated.....
Old 07-06-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Download the demo version of efilive and you will be able to get a better understanding of the tables. Also on their website you can download the manual. The manual doesn't tell you how to tune the car, all it tells you is what the tables are and what they effect.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks buddy! will do.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:32 AM
On The Tree

Browsing the many tuning forums (like this one) will get you going on the concepts of what needs to be done as far as tuning goes. Also, EFI University run courses on how to tune if you are willing to pay.
It can be a bit overwhealming at first, I think last time I checked the 'about' window in EFILive there was over 550 things to change!!, but in all it is fun, frustrating and satisfying all in one.

In fairness to the tuning packages out there like EFILive, HPT, Edit etc it's a big ask to expect them to teach you how to tune, kinda like asking Microsoft to teach you how to program if you buy Visual Basic. But I am pretty sure all three of them have thier own forums that you will probably get any question answered.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Restricted User

Actually, later this year EFI University will begin teaching a specific tuning course dedicated to using the EFILive software.

We are currently in the process of building the curriculum, and when it is finished it will be modeled on our current course line-up and will be a "how to tune + how to tune with EFILive" type of course.

That should be a big help for guys like yourself who are wanting to get into tuning, but are wondering what the next step will be.