Sponsored by:

Fuel added during WOT - LTFT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel added during WOT - LTFT?

I have an odd problem.

My LTFT were all fine, I have been driving around for a while like they were, with 0 of course at WOT, in Fuel cell 22 (confirmed)

Two days ago I went out and final tuned my WOT and noticed that at WOT I was getting 4% fuel added. Every where else it was fine, all LTFT still between -3 and -6. I logged the data and went to check it and it only the RH side adding. It is adding 7% everytime I go WOT. The LH side is 0% ...

My understanding is that the car will add fuel at WOT, but not subtract it. So I am assuming I have one of two problems. I have either a bad oxygen sensor or I have a header leak somewhere ahead of the sensor...

Any other ideas.. I am going to put it up on the lift and sort it out tomorrow, just looking for any additional ideas.

TIA for your time.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

switch the o2s over and see if the problem follows. if it does get some new o2s and ive actually have 2 that are a year old. or go to gmpartsdirect.com and get some new ones or sparkplugs.com and get some. if you have headers i would go with some with better heaters in them
Old 07-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

I will get it up on the lift tonight and switch them and see if the problem follows it. Just seems odd it was only at WOT.

I appreciate the web sites.. I will check those out. I am running LG headers and a Harlan 2-Step, what do you mean by better heaters? If there is one brand that seems to be better than the other, I will try it. My car is a 2002, but it only has 6300 miles on it.

I am supposed to be heading to the track tomorrow, so I may just end up with an advance auto parts special if that is what it is. I don't think it is an exhaust leak as I don't hear anything.

Thanks for the help so far.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

my car has also been adding fuel at WOT. I used the PE table based on rpm to take away some fuel but it still is going sort of rich at WOT. there is another way to take away fuel though...there is another table that affects this. I do not know enough about tuning to troubleshoot this yet..I'm learning new things everyday.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

the ve effects wot fueling as well
Old 07-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Just following up here FYI.

It was the O2 sensor... I forgot I had an extra set, put one in.. presto!

Thanks for the input.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

sweet