PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Log Ltrims-LS1Edit+diagnostic beta patch??

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Log Ltrims-LS1Edit+diagnostic beta patch??

For a couple of years now I have been using LS1Edit to tune my car and OBD-2 software for diagnositic analysis.

Logging Long and short Trim data is a pain, however, since the OBD-2 software does not average readings from driving conditions. Therefore, you must collect the data in OBD-2 and cut and paste it to an MS Excel spreedsheet to derive the averages.

I recently downloaded a beta version of a diagnistic program from Carputing that is supposed to work together with LS1Edit.

Has anyone used this? Does it collect and AVERAGE parameter readings (e.g., Ltrims, Strims, RPM, Injector pulse, temp, etc.) while your driving your car around?

How does the beta software load on a PC; as usual, the ZIP file did not come with detailed instructions. I think the guy that owns Carputing is the only person on the planet that knows how to run this software.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by robertbartsch
For a couple of years now I have been using LS1Edit to tune my car and OBD-2 software for diagnositic analysis.

Logging Long and short Trim data is a pain, however, since the OBD-2 software does not average readings from driving conditions. Therefore, you must collect the data in OBD-2 and cut and paste it to an MS Excel spreedsheet to derive the averages.

I recently downloaded a beta version of a diagnistic program from Carputing that is supposed to work together with LS1Edit.

Has anyone used this? Does it collect and AVERAGE parameter readings (e.g., Ltrims, Strims, RPM, Injector pulse, temp, etc.) while your driving your car around?

How does the beta software load on a PC; as usual, the ZIP file did not come with detailed instructions. I think the guy that owns Carputing is the only person on the planet that knows how to run this software.
If you are using Car Code OBD-2, you can use a function to average the fuel trims.

I don't have any experience with LS1Edit so I can't comment on it's capabilities.