Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supid asshole code, need a hand

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:21 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Supid ******* code, need a hand

K I keep getting this one every few days..i can't remember the damn number but its the "slow response bank 2, Sensor 1" 0xygen sensor code.

that particular 02 is "sticking". reads like 460 and pretty much stays there, no normal range movements like the other one.

any ideas? 02's a very new and I put an entirely new engine harness from GM in the car a few weeks ago to solve some other bullshit, car was running perfect till this one started popping up recently, when the code is on the car doesn't like to start up and find its idle like normal..hunts around and runs like poo for like 30 seconds. delete the code and its all good again.

anyway is this or could be something in the PCM..if so i can pop over to speed and have jim fix it so just looking for ideas.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Your O2 is out for the passenger side it sounds like. I had this problem many times until I finally got tired and took the damn O2's off. When the code is tripped, more then likely the car is going into open loop causing it to run like ***.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:47 PM
Motorboater

oh yeah. car def runs like open loop when code is on.

guess i'll try a spare 02 on that side.

pretty weird though. i keep having 02 problems. i am considering getting rid of them myself, getting annoying.