Sponsored by:

RWTD has ordered HP Tuners 2.0!

Old 07-18-2005, 04:36 AM
BfB
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RWTD has ordered HP Tuners 2.0!

Everyone:

I just wanted to touch base about HP Tuners 2.0. I received notice earlier from Keith at HP Tuners that they were accepting orders from us tunershops for 2.0 now. As said, this is currently for tunershops only, and the end-user version will be coming after all the tunershops are setup (please see Keith's posts here ).

With that being said, I went ahead and put my order in tonight for the Unlimited version for '05 Vettes and GTO's, which includes the USB interface. It should be shipping to me on/around the 26th of this month (or shortly thereafter).

Please see our other thread located in my signature concerning the special we are currently offering.

Thanks!

Last edited by RWTD; 07-18-2005 at 04:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:43 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

*sniff sniff* I smell it just around the corner...
Old 07-18-2005, 11:54 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know what would be the hotness? For you and
HPTuners to work out some kind of deal where you
use the Predator some guy's already bought, the
"over-the-mail" tuning utility you made up to do the
custom tunes, and a "low rent", single-VIN version of
HPTuners that can write a file compatible with the
Predator / utility - broaden the tuning capability of
the Predator unit. Of course if it also coughed out
scan PIDs through the serial port, that would be a
bonus. Not that I expect it'll happen. But it seems to
me that it could, if anyone cared to do the work.

Make it an add-on rather than "abandon ship", give
people the upgrade path we thought we would have
back when we bought units 3-4 years ago, etc.
Everybody wins, seems like.

Originally Posted by RWTD
Everyone:

I just wanted to touch base about HP Tuners 2.0. I received notice earlier from Keith at HP Tuners that they were accepting orders from us tunershops for 2.0 now. As said, this is currently for tunershops only, and the end-user version will be coming after all the tunershops are setup (please see Keith's posts here ).

With that being said, I went ahead and put my order in tonight for the Unlimited version for '05 Vettes and GTO's, which includes the USB interface. It should be shipping to me on/around the 26th of this month (or shortly thereafter).

Please see our other thread located in my signature concerning the special we are currently offering.

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That becomes a questionable situation, there are benefits and negatives.

If diablo does this with a third party software, they reduce the custom tunes from their tuning dealers, to people purchasing software to do this on thier own, so thier dealer network might not like that.

HPtuners could have copies of thier software out there tuning other people's predators who did not purchase the software, since they use thier cables as the licensing.

Diablo could just release thier end user version of CMR, but they've been talking about that since early 2004, with nothing availble yet.

Ryan
Old 07-18-2005, 07:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the purchase I've been trying to break 2.0 for a couple weeks now w/no avail... pretty solid product and well designed
Old 07-18-2005, 08:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by horist
Congrats on the purchase I've been trying to break 2.0 for a couple weeks now w/no avail... pretty solid product and well designed
When will we be able to download the upgrade
Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hear rumors of a stand alone box, maybe this is old news already..
Old 07-19-2005, 02:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
i hear rumors of a stand alone box, maybe this is old news already..
Hypertech yo?

Anyway, good news to hear 2.0 is on the move.
It'll be intresting to see what paramaters have been added that we can adjust. I hope just as much attention has been paid to 98's as 99+
Old 07-30-2005, 03:36 AM
BfB
Teching In

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Make it an add-on rather than "abandon ship", give
people the upgrade path we thought we would have
back when we bought units 3-4 years ago, etc.
Everybody wins, seems like.
Jimmy, great to hear from you again!

Yes, I definitely see where you're coming from on this. You have some great points there. Ryan does as well. There's always the intellectual and proprietary situations that would obviously arise on both parts. HPT's ".bin" format is very easy to crack open, too.

Now if I could figure out what program you use to make all your responses boxed like that, LOL! I've always wondered that everytime I read your posts, lmao.

Originally Posted by slow
Diablo could just release thier end user version of CMR, but they've been talking about that since early 2004, with nothing availble yet.
Ryan, yeah, you're right. It's definitely been talked about, but it is definitely happening. I just hope it will happen soon. The last word I got was a couple of statements in the last 3 weeks from my friends at DiabloSport. They did say their main goal is to release the Predator for Dodge, and then the end-user CMR (ChipMaster Revolution) software for everyone, so we'll see.

There are thousands of Predator owners out there that would benefit from such, especially my customers, as I promise anyone who would buy the end-user software from me full support via my custom tuning support forums. Once it is released I'm going to open up a special sub-forum(s) on my custom tuning site for all of the CMR (ChipMaster Revolution) users to collaborate together on (similar to HPT's forums now), plus I'll be in there most likely on a daily basis helping everyone to use it and learn from it.

Originally Posted by horist
Rock on, I can't wait! Thanks for sharing your experience, and if you have any more please do not hesitate to post up for us all! Thanks again.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I hope to be seeing my HPT2.0 next week, as I haven't yet received it (have my fingers crossed).

Very Sincerely,

James
Old 08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
BfB
Teching In

EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

RWTD received their HP Tuners 2.0 today!!! WOOT WOOT!

We'll be dyno tuning a brand new GTO and a Vette soon, plus others in the coming couple of weeks. Bare with us and we'll give you guys full reports and feedback.

Those who are near us who would like to have a an in-person dyno tuning, please give us a call so we can schedule you an appointment. 251-479-9451

We will also be tuning the pcms out of the car for those who would like to ship us your pcm. This should start within 1 to 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Sincerely...

Search this Thread