PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

emissions

Old 07-21-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default emissions

i have long tube headers and ory with no smog stuff on my 99 camaro. if i dont have a check engine light, will it pass? not sure if its different in other states, but in here ill they just hook up to your computer...they dont dyno your car. thanks
Old 07-21-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

go to the dmv site and ask every state is diff. im sure it will fail, unless they dont do a visual check, which im sure they do
Old 07-21-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Regular

my friend has a h/c pretty radical ls1 that sounds like thunder and he passed. thats why im even considering trying it. i was about to send in for race car exempt like i do on my stang....untill he passed with a race car. ive had no problems doing my stang like that twice. i jsut wonder if i "try" and fail with the camaro, if ill have a harder time getting the exempt because i failed. hope that makes sense
Old 07-21-2005, 11:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

i got you, best thing to do is ask an inspection station
Old 07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

you need to have your readiness tests passed as well... anyone local w/a scan tool can scan your car to see if the readiness tests have passed... but if you're not getting an SES then you'll probably be fine.

We're allowed to have 2 non completed readiness tests in IL for 2000 and earlier cars...

I would say just go in... if you don't pass for some reason you'll get an extension to have the problem fixed (they'll prolly tell you drive the car for a week and come back)... there are a bunch of chicagoland F-Body events coming up in the coming weeks... so worse case if you can't pass I can probably get you to pass (I have HP Tuners for all V8 F-Bodies)

Search this Thread