Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting problems?!?!!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Starting problems?!?!!?

I need some help. My car is a 99 SS Camaro, with zero mods and about 50,000 miles. Ever so often I try to start my car and it does nothing but crank over and over and over. Doesnt even try to fire. It seems to happen most often when it is hot, but not always. I get under the hood and jiggle wires around, unplug the coil packs and plug 'em back in and eventually it will fire. The thing is once its running it drives just fine and like it always has. No service engine light or anything. I wanted to know if anyone else has had a problem like this or has any ideas or tips as to what it could be. Any help would be appreciated. HELP! Thanks.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

I've had problems with cars that either sit too long or have bad check valves in the fuel pump. Fuel pressure bleeds off while the car is sitting and takes a few seconds or so (as much as 10) to build back up and fire the car. This could be a possibility for you as well.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the tip, but I've checked the fuel at the fuel rail when this happens so I don't beleive its a fuel issue. Anyone else??
Old 07-23-2005, 06:30 PM
Teching In

anyone have any ideas???