Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAC counts & TPS voltage w/ Shaner 3

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAC counts & TPS voltage w/ Shaner 3

I was just wondering if anyone hs experienced any off the wall IAC counts & TPS voltage with a ported TB? I have an Shaner3 and it has taken me about 3 days to get the IAC counts & TPS voltage where one of the "ls1 tuning" guide recommends. First thing is that My TPS volts are .57 with no idle screw in the TB! The TPS volts are 4.63 @ WOT. So I just started with the setscrew out and opened the TB until my IAC counts were around 50. Well with that said my TPS voltage is .73 and this is in fuel trim cell 20 and then goes to 19. So I know that I'm in the right fuel trim cell but I just cant seem to figure out why my volts are .57 with no setscrew in the TB. Also I did reset the TPS sensor like the writes up say . I have my HPtuner bin file if anyone would like to take a look and see if it looks alright. My mods are:

232/236 .574 .577 112LSA
lid & filter
pulley
de-screened MAF
S3 TB
headers
X-pipe true duals

Also the car seems to idle OK, but when I let off the gas when driving it seems to hover in rpms a little. I have always had major bucking & surgin with the "dyno tune" I had. I can send it to you also if you would like to take a look and give any input on it. Thanks everyone.

Dave
Old 07-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Anyone?

Dave
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an S2 and I think because of how much he fills in the sensor inlet it actually chokes off the IAC. Had bitch of a time to get it to idle and it's still is not %100. I have plans on going w/ a fast setup eventually anyways.

But I do know that TB is a bitch to tune, still gave me 8rwhp before the cam though.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Resetting the tps doesn't change the voltage, it only changes the TPS%. Also, the reason your idle hovers now is cause you need to change your IAC steps vs effective area table because of the change to the set screw. There's a big thread on it somewhere in this forum.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Restricted User

The drill mod is the easiest. My Fast 90mm didn't have a hole in th eblade. I tried to play around with the screw position and trying to reset it back to zero and it didn't work. So I backed the screw off to 0% open and drilled the tb. My IAC count started at over 200. I first drilled with a 3/16 and worked my way up until the IAC count was under 50. Some people do not like the drill mod for whatever reason but it is easy and it works. My car starts right up and idles nicely and this is in a 408 with an A4 and a pretty good size cam.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by P Mack
Resetting the tps doesn't change the voltage, it only changes the TPS%.
My bad! I meant that I did reset the TPS%. I just dont seem to understand why MY volts are .57 with no set screw in it. I would think that with no set screw the volts would be .00 & 4.6X at wot! I will also try and find some info on the IAC steps vs effective area table . Thanks for your input to everyone.

Dave

Quick Reply: IAC counts & TPS voltage w/ Shaner 3