Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H P tunner tunning a hot cam

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 12:42 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default H P tunner tunning a hot cam

Need help bought my 98TA and dont know what size of cam is in it or what kind everyone I talk to says it sounds like a hot cam probally a earlier hot cam has dont know the history of the motor but I would say it was put in around 2000 maybe the cam has a pretty aggressive lobe to it. and when it idles for awhile it gets alot mor lobe to it. Motor has ported heads and the mods I have listed plus a 100 shot of tnt wet kit. Just wanted to know if someone knows or has a tune for the earlier hot cams and what the air to fuel ratio should be. or a link thanks guys.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
Need help bought my 98TA and dont know what size of cam is in it or what kind everyone I talk to says it sounds like a hot cam probally a earlier hot cam has dont know the history of the motor but I would say it was put in around 2000 maybe the cam has a pretty aggressive lobe to it. and when it idles for awhile it gets alot mor lobe to it. Motor has ported heads and the mods I have listed plus a 100 shot of tnt wet kit. Just wanted to know if someone knows or has a tune for the earlier hot cams and what the air to fuel ratio should be. or a link thanks guys.
My hotcam tune is on Horist's website. It is a beautiful tune. I doubt you will find a better one for the hotcam, if that is what you have.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Another_User]My hotcam tune is on Horist's website. It is a beautiful tune.

What is Horist's? I would like to see your tune, have hotcam myself.
Old 07-30-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

behold the power of the stickies! (in the pcm forum, on top of every page, you know, the differently colored stuff?)