Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

service engine soon light help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service engine soon light help!

i was driving my car home tonight and ended up banging gears on it once or twice on my way.. i stopped at a friends house for about 20 minutes,let it rest,and began my way home.. i was driving like a grandma because it was 1am and there where a lot of cops out..as i began to take off from a light i see my service engine soon light come on for no aparrent reason. (shifting at about 2k rpm) my car runs super strong so im really confused why this has occured..but i am nearing a higher mileage mark 99,xxx... does anyone know if these computers are set to have this light come on at a certain mileage to remind the owner to do anual tune-up work when it nears that mileage?? or could there actually be something wrong. and if so how would i go about getting this checked.. i do need to swap my spark plugs out i know that for sure and i ordered my plugs today actually which is ironic and already have my msd wires ready to go because i was planning on doing this anyway.. i just want to save myself the hassle and money of taking it to a shop if something isnt really wrong.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Go to Autozone, have them scan the code for you.

There is a really good sticky at the top of this thread concerning SES's.

If for some reason you don't find the sticky, type your code in the following link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?forumid=7
Old 08-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Teching In

thanks. light shut off now.. weird? i wonder if it still is storing a code ill probably go check
Old 08-05-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it'll be stored for a while - won't hurt to check.