Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuner question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPTuner question

Well I ordered my HPTuner software last week and it should be here in within the next three days. I haven't purchased my WBO2 yet due to lack of funds. Until I can buy one(3 weeks or so), what am I safe tuning on the narrow band?? I know not to tune WOT on it, but is there anything else I should be cautious about? The only thing since my last tune is a set of STGII milled .030 heads and true duals.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While not the most accurate method... before widebands became affordable most here used to tune off off narrowbands... I always tried to error on the side of safe, so I shot for .930/.940 ish O2s , but people have run as low as .870/880 w/out issue (just a little too lean for my liking)

You can do all your part throttle tuning (VE Table) w/out issue though w/the narrowband , you can working on your timing tables ...

the wideband will make VE tuning easier, but it's not required... the wideband will make WOT exact, but so long as you don't mind being over rich you can still use the narrowband somewhat for WOT
Old 07-31-2005, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome! This will give me a lot to do before I head back to school. I'm gonna play it safe and just make sure I'm not running to messy on WOT and wait to get my WB02 before I miss with it.