Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGT data in graph form inside...may be useful

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EGT data in graph form inside...may be useful

This is from the Altronics 8 EGT datalogger. I think I will find this useful. Having the RPMs logged is a neat feature too. It takes a little getting used to looking at the graph and I cant show it all here because I had to do a "print screen" to show it. But in the program you can pan and zoom and deselect certain cylinders or whatever. The red line is the rpm, on the bottom is time, and to the right would be temp but you cant see it because its cut off. You can see the cursor on the graph though...wnd where the cursor is it shows the info for each cylinder on the left in the corresponding color boxes. I only logged one run but its very interesting. It shows a continous climb in temps as you go through the gears. Irrespective of load.

That alone shows you why you may get detonation in the higher gears and not in the lower etc. I cant wait to start spraying with this thing.

BTW,,,you can see each gear shift...but the first peak in rpm and then drop to 2700 rpm is actually me spinning at the track and then letting out and bogging back down to 2700 and getting back in it....after that all gears shifts can clearly be seen.