Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do i need a tune

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do i need a tune

Iam having a Vig 3200 stall installed in my 00 T/A soon. My ? is do i need a tune after the install or should i wait untill i drop a cam in the car before i get a tune? and what kind of tune would i need? I know tunes can run up to $500.00. So i dont really want to spend money on 2 tunes if i only really need only 1. Right now i have ported TB, Kooks LT headers, crank pulley, exhaust, and lid. What do u guys think ???????
Old 08-07-2005, 08:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

save the money up and buy some tuning software yourslef. if it was me i would get a tune, the headers are prob the biggest factor in that. just word of advice, dont blow yourmoney on one tune, take the time to learn how to tune yourself and it will save you tons and the car will run a lot better
Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
save the money up and buy some tuning software yourslef. if it was me i would get a tune, the headers are prob the biggest factor in that. just word of advice, dont blow yourmoney on one tune, take the time to learn how to tune yourself and it will save you tons and the car will run a lot better
when i put in my tci converter I would hit the rev limited pretty hard on the 2-3 shift whereas I didnt have that issue before...tuning just shift points & TM slightly wouldve been able to fix that problem...I would say if you feel up to it buy the software yourself & start out small with code deletions for your headers and then move on to setting up your shift points & such...its not difficult & in the end will probably save you a good amount of $