Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How To FI Tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To FI Tuning?

Wondering where to start with tuning a FI vehicle. I have done many NA car but this is my first FI F body. Already have HP Tuners 2 bar setup. I just have a few questions

1.) How do you know when to adjust the injector constant and when to start adjusting the VE table. How I have the injector sizing right now the LTFT are around -12 to -6 in some places.

2.) Do you still keep the regular PE as well as the boost enrichment? Because once the car goes WOT it pretty much goes into boost instantly. Right now I have the VE table past 105 kpa set to the last row + 15% and I have the boost enrichment set to around 15%, and the car runs around 10.9-11.3 at WOT

3.) what should my target AFR ratio be at WOT for max power and reliability

4.) should i leave the part throttle AFR to 14.7 or change it

5.) right now I have the max upper rpm/upper load timing table set to 20° advance. I figure I would get the fuel settled and then figure out the timing. What are most of you running with 10 psi of intercooled boost. Should I be able to put more than 20° into it, how about 30°. Also is the shape of the GM timing table good or will I have to modify that?

Any other idea please share, I also did a search am I missing a FYI boosted car tuning??
Old 08-13-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Fi

Originally Posted by ChiTownHustler
Wondering where to start with tuning a FI vehicle. I have done many NA car but this is my first FI F body. Already have HP Tuners 2 bar setup. I just have a few questions

1.) How do you know when to adjust the injector constant and when to start adjusting the VE table. How I have the injector sizing right now the LTFT are around -12 to -6 in some places.

2.) Do you still keep the regular PE as well as the boost enrichment? Because once the car goes WOT it pretty much goes into boost instantly. Right now I have the VE table past 105 kpa set to the last row + 15% and I have the boost enrichment set to around 15%, and the car runs around 10.9-11.3 at WOT

3.) what should my target AFR ratio be at WOT for max power and reliability

4.) should i leave the part throttle AFR to 14.7 or change it

5.) right now I have the max upper rpm/upper load timing table set to 20° advance. I figure I would get the fuel settled and then figure out the timing. What are most of you running with 10 psi of intercooled boost. Should I be able to put more than 20° into it, how about 30°. Also is the shape of the GM timing table good or will I have to modify that?

Any other idea please share, I also did a search am I missing a FYI boosted car tuning??
Adjust VE only when needed, I have tuned many Turbo, supercharged where one likes the stock VE and others have to be adjusted. Leave the part throttle at 14.7.1, As far as timing of course all motors are not equal but 30 degrees is way too much!!, All cars I have tuned with that kind of boost usually like between 18 and 21 degrees total at WOT.....
Old 08-13-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email/aim me, FI tunings is a whole different animal, we'll talk, i'm in chicago burbs. use the profile info
Old 08-13-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just something about timing: I would try on the dyno and use the lowest timing that gives you the max power.
I went from 17* to 23* and didn't saw a difference, so now I run 17*.
I have the same 17* from 4000 rpm up to max and I saw no increase at any rpm.
But each car runs different...