PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problem connecting up to XD-1 from my laptop

Old 08-14-2005, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default problem connecting up to XD-1 WB guage with my laptop

I just recently purchased a dual wideband setup consisting of two LC-1 controllers and two XD-1 guages. Currently, I am having problems with my XD1 guages. II attempt to connect to the guage with the "LM programmer" tool and it cannot reconize the connection. Every time I click on it, it tells me to please connect my device and power it on, when I already have it connected and it already is powered on.

I know it sounds like a COM port issue but I am posetive it is relinquished. I even restarted my laptop just to make sure.

Since, I have two guages, I tested them individually to see if I can get them to work. Maybe it was a bad cable or something but I did not have any luck.

Taking it one guage at a time, I followed the instructions in the manual and performed te following steps.

I configured my 12 volt power supply
I connected the Serial OUT to my laptop with the DB9 to 2.5 mm stereo cable provided
I terminated the Serial IN with the 2.5 plug provided.
I switched the PS on and connected the posetive lead.
I observed the diagnostic test like the manual says. ONLY lasts about 1-2 seconds. Is that right?
I received "- - -" as expected since I do not have the LC-1 connected yet. I am only concerned with the guage at this point.
I make sure nothing esle on my PC has control of my COM port and that it is available.
I fully understand that you cannot run both the "LM programmer" and the "Logworks" SW.
I attempt to connect to the guage with the "LM programmer" tool and it cannot reconize the connection.

Only thing I will try later is hooking it up to another PC.

Anything else I could be missing????

Thanks,

Last edited by BLASTER; 08-14-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

did you ever get this figured out? My gauge just reads "8. " and "please connect the device to a serial port and switch it on" keeps coming on when I try to open the programmer.
Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a problem with the guage and Windows XP. I used my old Windows 98 PC and it connected right up. Not the best solution but a sufficient work around.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BLASTER
There is a problem with the guage and Windows XP. I used my old Windows 98 PC and it connected right up. Not the best solution but a sufficient work around.
thats not viable for me as both my laptop and PC are XP
Do you think my gauge is screwed? I thought it was supposed to go through a sequence upon powering up. Mine just says "8." and does nothing else.

Search this Thread