Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tech2 Data Log Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tech2 Data Log Questions.

For R&D purposes I have made 2 WOT runs from a stop to 98 mph logging the data with a Tech2 in Data 1 mode.
The GM tech is new to doing this and will be attempting to put the data into a file or print out tomorrow.
He uses the Tech2 around the shop but has never did this kind of logging. He did know how to record it however. He will be asking the more experienced techs about downloading the data for my use.
I am posting here in hopes someone here will know what I am to expect. And incase his co-workers are not willing or up to the task, perhaps we can help him get my data to me. I can Nextel direct connect to him on the job.

Has anyone here gone through this?

Can they put my data on a floppy?
If so, what kind of file format will it be in?
What program will I need to use to read it?
Any printing tips?

Talk to me guys.

Thanks
Old 08-15-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

You pobably can use Tis2000 to do what you want. The GM tech will know it has a graph and log viewer built in.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Yes, the Tech2 has a "Live Plot" feature in which it can graph out 3-4 paramaters on the screen while driving.

He can also "record" the data and show all of it frame by frame on TIS2000. TIS also has the ability to graph out about 8 parameters at the same time. He can print out the data for you, or store it on the computer (save it to disk, etc...) but you'll need TIS2000 to view it.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SUPRYZE
Yes, the Tech2 has a "Live Plot" feature in which it can graph out 3-4 paramaters on the screen while driving.

He can also "record" the data and show all of it frame by frame on TIS2000. TIS also has the ability to graph out about 8 parameters at the same time. He can print out the data for you, or store it on the computer (save it to disk, etc...) but you'll need TIS2000 to view it.
The TECH2 is a great tool, I use it strictly on all GM cars and trucks while tuning on my chassis dyno. Not to mention I have to ability to reflash the customers car with the latest GM flash before tuning even starts.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

Yes, its an excellent tool. I have one for GM cars and have an MT2500 for all "others"
Old 08-16-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default I Still Need Help

We did the WOT run logging in the Data1 mode? Anyway. He took it to work and tried to copy it to a floppy I gave him. I quick formatted it on my XP-Home PC. The pc's at the dealership will not copy the file to my floppy saying it is not formatted.

Anyway. These guys and I are not very experianced in printing the data out or saving it to disc and such.

What does the guy need to do to get my data to me? I need to get it to Magnuson for trouble shooting my new Radix install.

Quick Reply: Tech2 Data Log Questions.