Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to put wb bung vy2 ss

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to put wb bung vy2 ss

i have a 2004 holden commodore vy2 ss. i have stock exhaust manifolds and cats. i know the bung has to go before the cat but im not sure where abouts to put it. im thinking of puting it after the flange between the manifold and cat pipe next to the stock o2 bung
If anyone with the same car has put one in could you please let me know where you put it and what side did you out the wb bung on
i bought a tech egde wb kit

Is there anything special you have to watch for like angle of the bung?

Thanks
ronny
Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put mine in the collector (but I have long tube headers) .... Pre Cat is Ideal (though I've seen some posts... coincidentally... on the australian LS1 boards..... that said it didn't matter... which is probably right.. think about it... you go in for a dyno tune... they stick the pipe up your tail pipe .. that's post cat.... guess it's like if you had a fart gauge..... wether you insert the gauge at the start of the colin or the end... there's just as much methanol but one end has less ****.. right? .... ok maybe that's not quite the same )

best bet though is probably as far away from the heads, but as close to the inlet to the cats as possible.... (too close to the heads and the exhaust gas is too hot... )

Last edited by horist; 08-19-2005 at 02:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:51 AM
On The Tree

Just added one yesterday to my Australian Pontiac...placed it just in front of the stock (forward) O2 sensor, and slightly to the midline of the car. Keep it towards the TOP of the pipe. And on the right hand exhaust, as it runs slightly leaner.

It was actually quite easy: remove 4 bolts, unplug sensors, and drop the pipe. Use a stepped-bit, and drill to 7/8". Weld in new bung. Install sensor. I also put a piece of plastic wire loom over the lead, but probably not necessary.

Wideband Commander, here I come.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by horist
guess it's like if you had a fart gauge..... wether you insert the gauge at the start of the colin or the end... there's just as much methanol but one end has less ****.. right? .... ok maybe that's not quite the same )

Hell of a concept.

I still think it would be better to put the fart guage pre-cat. Seems like it would be more accurate there.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Red face

Originally Posted by TAQuickness
Hell of a concept.

I still think it would be better to put the fart guage pre-cat. Seems like it would be more accurate there.
Some of us old farts might need one of these guages. Where do you buy them? I think I need one.
Bill
Old 08-20-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are warnings about too much heat to the wideband O2 sensors so I would put it downstream if possible.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed my sensor on the rh side of the I pipe. Also installed a extra bung for dyno tunning as well. Last tune uncapped and screwed in dyno's o2. Was able to comepare my wide band to dynos as well. My wide band was right on with the dynos. Now I have the piece of mind knowing the thing is correct, and can trust it a bit more.